Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Gripes

Kayrah87

Hi all, 

Got my brand new 67 reg Mk8 Fiesta Titanium with the B&O sound system, which to be fair actually sounds pretty amazing.

There are, however, a few niggly gripes which get my goat and was wondering if anyone knew any way to make them go away?

1. There doesn't seem to be an automatic door locking function. In every other car I've driven, the doors lock above the speed of 10mph for security. It's saved me from an attempted mugging at least once. Yet it doesn't seem to be a feature on the Fiesta. Unless I'm not looking hard enough to find it?
  2. The MPG gauge magically changes overnight. I started a 15 mile motorway journey on 37.4mpg and had a nice steady downhill run at 70mph. I came off the motorway and it was 33.8mpg. I was watching the instant the whole time and it was registering 46-56mpg the whole way. The next morning, got in, and lo and behold the mpg was back up at 37.5mpg. confused I am.
  3. The SYNC3 seems to want me to listen to radio at all times. If I turn the audio off but have an android auto device connected, then disconnect the android, it goes back to radio. Not even the station I was on - it goes back to FM1. It kills my ears going on a nice long journey with relaxing zen music, then unplug my phone and get radio 1 blaring in my face.

Other than that, though, it is a beautiful car. Fuel consumption could be a bit better but hey, I had a VW before and we know what happened there.

you may be able to activate auto lock using forscan or visiting the dealership. I've got it working on my 7.5 Fiesta don't see why they would drop the feature in the mk8.

sync 3 have you got it connected to wifi with auto-update switched on sounds like a minor bug that will be fixed in a future update

Couldnt help you RE: 2 and 3, but i do know its possible to actually programme the car to lock its doors above the speed you desire. I can't remember how though... 

It is however through something that needs plugging and programming... im sure someone on here will point you in the right direction regarding this..

1 mine auto locks so not sure what's happening with yours.

2 not giving that a second thought till it's done 2k.

3. use usb stick saves connecting, have connected with iPhone with no problems could be an android issue or like Cookey09 says

9 hours ago, cjay1 said:

I've got it working on my 7.5 Fiesta

hi how did you activate it, iv got 7.5 also and have to lock it with the button on the radio. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HLENNIE said:

1 mine auto locks so not sure what's happening with yours.

Mine doesn't also. I 'd love to have that feature. Maybe there is a way with forscan?

Excuse me for asking a silly question, but if the doors don't auto lock until you are moving at more than 10mph, how would you get mugged when travelling faster than 10mph?

My 2017 st line doesn't auto lock the doors when moving either if that helps although I have never felt the need for it to do so personally.

55 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

how would you get mugged when travelling faster than 10mph?

they probably locked as she left the house then the attempt was probably at a set of lights, i heard of it before usually moped gangs two per moped, filtering up to car at the lights then trying to basically GTA the car.

14 hours ago, cjay1 said:

I've got it working on my 7.5 Fiesta don't see why they would drop the feature in the mk8.

I would also like to know how you managed to get it working.

I have managed to get into the habit of pressing the door lock button on the dashboard when pulling off the driveway.
I am not sure whether the mk8 has this button?

fordfiestast_52.jpg.568fa2dde22c4029a7858cf3cc229207.jpg

2 hours ago, merlin_gr said:

Mine doesn't also. I 'd love to have that feature. Maybe there is a way with forscan?

never used forscan I use the ids but not linked it up as yet must be a setting in the door module, but as soon as I speed up doors lock wonder if u can activate it via the door switch by holding the button not seen any thing in any of the cars menus

3 minutes ago, dansallis said:

I would also like to know how you managed to get it working.

I have managed to get into the habit of pressing the door lock button on the dashboard when pulling off the driveway.
I am not sure whether the mk8 has this button?

fordfiestast_52.jpg.568fa2dde22c4029a7858cf3cc229207.jpg

on the mk8 its on the drivers door on the mk7 mk7.5 i believe u can do it with forscan, i used ids and changed the as built data because i had added cruise control, rear Speakers, sony dab, folding mirrors with puddle lights which forscan no good for

It's odd that Ford omit this feature, given that this would cost nothing to implement as it can be programmed, then flashed onto every car as part of the standard vehicle software and essentially forgotten about by Ford. It's even more odd when you consider it's apparently a feature enabled by default on cars made for the Continental market.

When I had my 65 plate Fiesta, this was one feature I missed, having had someone try to snatch an item off of the passenger seat whilst I was at traffic lights some years ago. The only thing that stopped it was the automatic locking on my 08 plate Corsa! Unfortunately the error was mine in assuming that all vehicles would have this most basic of security features.

3 hours ago, dansallis said:

I would also like to know how you managed to get it working

It was one of the options under bcm options under forscan you need an extended licence to change it. it automatically operates at 15 mph. You can also set it to retrigger if you stop open a door then set off again.

I remember reading that Ford couldn't prove that the auto lock doors would unlock if the vehicle had been rolled over and the power goes off, therefore everybody would be stuck inside.

By making it something that you have to program in rather than a button, they can't really be held accountable if you can't get out.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I remember reading that Ford couldn't prove that the auto lock doors would unlock if the vehicle had been rolled over and the power goes off, therefore everybody would be stuck inside.

By making it something that you have to program in rather than a button, they can't really be held accountable if you can't get out.

Every other company gets round this by having the door handle pull the lock out when the handle itself is pulled. Not all that difficult to solve really.

You can set it to unlock just the drivers door with 1 click of the button and 2 clicks to unlock all doors. Just lock car then press both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob till the indicators flash.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I was at a set of lights and someone tried to grab my bag from the passenger seat of my Passat. Luckily the doors were auto locked. A friend of mine had this happen and they got her bag including her business takings for the day (£4k - she was on the way to bank them). Now she puts the strap around the gear stick every time. I've started doing the same.

I've been onto Ford and they don't know if they can program it or not.

It's got to go in to have the wing mirror replaced tomorrow (long story, some little oik with too much time and not enough sense kicked it clean off overnight) so I'll ask them then if it can be done.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, cjay1 said:

It was one of the options under bcm options under forscan you need an extended licence to change it. it automatically operates at 15 mph. You can also set it to retrigger if you stop open a door then set off again.

Hi Chris,

did you only have to tick the box in BCM options and it worked, or did you have to do some kind of syncro as well with the door lock buttons? 

Should the doors on a 2013 Ecoboost 100 Titanium auto lock?

Just enter the Drop down menu and select the option to enable I also set it to auto relock if a door is opened. 

It will only work if enabled it will be disabled from the factory. 

24 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

Just enter the Drop down menu and select the option to enable I also set it to auto relock if a door is opened. 

It will only work if enabled it will be disabled from the factory. 

Ok thanks, I only ticked the auto lock box and wrote back, It doesn't work though. Might have to do the auto relock if door opened bit as well, is that a tick box?

Thanks 

43 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Should the doors on a 2013 Ecoboost 100 Titanium auto lock?

No mate, you need to set it on with Forscan, Ford EU turn it off from factory..

• Thanks 1

just change the values then when happy press write.  a few seconds later job done.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Forscan CCC

Hi Chris

box is ticked auto locking, it's just not working when driving. I'll re do it again.  Is your fiesta 2016?

14 hours ago, cjay1 said:

just change the values then when happy press write.  a few seconds later job done.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Forscan CCC

My forscan on my 2017 new fiesta is totally different.. i only have Codes like 720-01-01 and  on the other side i only see hex numbers and digits. I suppose i have to wait for a forscan update to decode the new fiestas ECU? or am i doing something wrong?