Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance after remap

Freddy42

I bought the ST early December and took it for a dyno session to establish the baseline.  After installing the Bluefin remap, back to the same dyno, same operator for an assessment.  The graph shows before (plain lines) and after (dotted lines).

Bluefin made it clear that their software is intended to boost mid-range and you can see from the graph that this is so even though the max PS remained at 251. At 3250rpm, there is a gain of just over 40PS and the torque increase at 2250rpm is more than 100Nm.

So, how does it feel on the road?  Second and third gears are the key here; the ST roars away in 2nd and the rpm counter has to be watched as it quickly leaps up to 6000 and the limiter cuts in if a change to 3rd isn't done in time.  In 3rd the acceleration continues unabated and, if not up to 4th at about 5500rpm, it would flat out at 5800 and 85mph.  The urge is still there in 4th and it just moves on to the ton where I had to pull back as our town bypass doesn't go on forever.  Torque steer is negligible.

Here is a very happy ST driver!

P1040027.thumb.JPG.610c0e00da82a1797a5d80da1ae2e7d6.JPG

• Like 1