Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front and rear screen wash not working

Mobile

Help!

my wife’s 2008 Focus 1.6 zetec screen wash front and rear has failed. The wipers operate when you press the wash but the washer pump doesn’t run. I’ve checked fuse, although wipers operate so it’s not that. So I changed the pump. Still nothing. I’ve also checked the old pump now it’s off the car and that runs fine. I’ve checked the switch and that’s working fine also although I’m tempted to put new one on for the hell of it. I’ve tested the voltage at the grey plug where the feed comes from the main loom and goes to the washer motor and there’s is barely any voltage here. So there seems to be a problem between the fuse and this plug.  I have not got a wiring diagram and cannot find any info as to where the relay is. A local garage says it’s the bsi (body system interface) but says he has no info. Where is the bsi? Has anyone had this issue? I’m considering just putting a switch on the dash to run the front washer jets. 

1 hour ago, Mobile said:

So there seems to be a problem between the fuse and this plug.  I have not got a wiring diagram and cannot find any info as to where the relay is. A local garage says it’s the bsi (body system interface) but says he has no info. Where is the bsi? Has anyone had this issue?

The washer pump on the Focus runs one way for front, and the voltage reverses for back washing. Power is from F136 in the Passenger fuse box (F47 in the older version).

The GEM / BCM / BSI / PJB is the passenger fusebox, it is all one thing. The wiring goes to the BCM, but it also goes direct to the washer switches on the wiper stalk. The BCM  just uses the signals to do the wash-wipe. So it is unlikely to be the BCM at fault here, the switches power the pump directly from F136.

The full wiring diagram is on this site:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=42087

And a picture of the relevant page (76) is below: (There is a zoom facility built in to this site, or you will have to download it & zoom in to see details! It is a fairly high resolution image.)

WASHWIPE.PNG

Brilliant thanks for your help I shall have another look over the weekend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mobile said:

I shall have another look over the weekend

If the wipers (front or back) both run when the relevant washer button is used, then wiring from switch to bcm looks to be intact. It must be a fault in the spur leading to the pump itself. Water can get into wiring, and rot the copper. Washer pumps have been known to leak into the wiring.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club