Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark plug fell into well

Mk6ben

Hi all,

Hoping for any help.

Wifes 1.4 petrol fiesta zetec (52 plate) has been juddering intermittently for a while and yesterday it brought the EML light up and now judders consistently on load.

Eml = misfire on cyl4.

Long story short, took spark plug off number 4 (to check 1st) and cleaned spark plug and was trying to put it back in just to see what happened. 

Idiot me, spark didnt fall into place so has now dropped into the well. Im really struggling to get this out.

Any  advice?

Thank you

Ben

So it is now trapped under the cam cover? Am I picking you up correct here?

surely long nose pliers or a magnetic pick up tool would be of use.

If your just trying to get it back into place, something inserted into the port to manoeuvre the plug upright in the hole is easier than you think or as @Stef123 says ‘long nose pliers’ 

• Like 1

Thanks both for replying. 

Yes its just stuck in the 'well' (sorry if that's the wrong terminology), just under the hole where the ht lead goes in.

I've tried using things like a flathead s/d and it did come vertical but unable to get it out.

Turns out the spark plug has snapped anyway so just asking the mechanic i use to take it. Threaded part must still be stuck in the engine, so in theory all it should do is still misfire.

Again thanks for getting back to me!

Cheers

That’s one of my worry’, first thing I did after having new plugs fitted at a service was remove them and put copper grease on them (they had none on!) then put them back and very gently just nipped them up!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club