Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector coding for 1.6 tdci

zain611

Hey everyone, 

Am wondering but do the Bosch injector for a 1.6 diesel engine (DV6) need coding. The injectors were removed and reconditioned.

Thanks 

46 minutes ago, zain611 said:

t do the bosch injector for a 1.6 diesel engine (DV6) need coding. The injectors were removed and reconditioned.

If the reconditioning company provided new calibration codes, then you can enter them in with a system like Forscan. If no codes were provided, you could ask the company if they usually give them. Probably they will say something like below:

If the injectors have not changed by too much, it should be possible to use them with the existing codes, no re-programming needed. It may run a little rough to start with, but should adapt within a couple of hundred miles or so. The ECU (PCM) constantly has to adapt as injectors wear and age, anyway.

On the 1.8TDCI, it is advised just to reset injector adaptations after a full change. If your 1.6 seems rather too rough for comfort, you could try this, I suspect Forscan had a reset adaptions (or similar) for the 1.6 PCM.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If the reconditioning company provided new calibration codes, then you can enter them in with a system like Forscan. If no codes were provided, you could ask the company if they usually give them. Probably they will say something like below:

If the injectors have not changed by too much, it should be possible to use them with the existing codes, no re-programming needed. It may run a little rough to start with, but should adapt within a couple of hundred miles or so. The ECU (PCM) constantly has to adapt as injectors wear and age, anyway.

On the 1.8TDCI, it is advised just to reset injector adaptations after a full change. If your 1.6 seems rather too rough for comfort, you could try this, I suspect Forscan had a reset adaptions (or similar) for the 1.6 PCM.

Lol I had a feeling you would reply. Before sending them off my dad numbered them from one to four. They actually engraved the number on each injector so each one goes back into where they were originally. Might message the company in the morning. From what I've seen the delphi injectors installed in the 1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 diesel engines need coding / programming. I'm sure these engines are made by Ford rather than the 1.6 being made by PSA Peugeot Citroën.

The injector seat's were properly cleaned out and was careful not to drop any of that gunk in the cylinder. Here's a before and after.  

IMG-20180106-WA0005.jpg

DSC_0118.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

From what I've seen the delphi injectors installed in the 1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 diesel engines need coding / programming.

Yes, according to Haynes, they all need coding. I have just looked on the Forscan Forum site, and there is a fair amount of entries about coding for the 1.6TDCI (DV6), so it looks like Forscan can do it.

The Seimens/VDO injectors on the Mk2 Focus 1.8TDCI apparently are not individually coded, so no factors need to be entered. The ECU just adjusts. (The Mk1 Focus 1.8TDCI used the Delphi system).

The problem you face is that if you have no new codes for the recon. parts, then the best you can do is carry on with the old coding. I am a little dubious that the recon. company has the facilities to calibrate them to OEM standards, and issue new codes. But I am happy to be corrected (and impressed!) there, so it is worth asking.

The Foscan info I saw was:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Yes, according to Haynes, they all need coding. I have just looked on the Forscan Forum site, and there is a fair amount of entries about coding for the 1.6TDCI (DV6), so it looks like Forscan can do it.

The Seimens/VDO injectors on the Mk2 Focus 1.8TDCI apparently are not individually coded, so no factors need to be entered. The ECU just adjusts. (The Mk1 Focus 1.8TDCI used the Delphi system).

The problem you face is that if you have no new codes for the recon. parts, then the best you can do is carry on with the old coding. I am a little dubious that the recon. company has the facilities to calibrate them to OEM standards, and issue new codes. But I am happy to be corrected (and impressed!) there, so it is worth asking.

The Foscan info I saw was:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294

Here's a picture of one of the reconditioned injectors. I think they engraved a number in the middle. On the top there is a number engraved which my dad numbered according to where this injector was originally placed in the engine. Just have to see with this coding. Main thing is the car runs correctly. 

DSC_0122.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I think they engraved a number in the middle.

I would hazard a guess that is a serial no. relating to the recon. company. All the info I have seen says the 1.6TDCI injector codes are 8 or 9 digits long. From one source it should be stamped on the ring under the connector, and also on a label on the side or top of the engine, though no doubt this usually disappears at some time.

But like you say, if it runs smoothly enough from idle to max power, at least after a couple of hundred miles, then it should be fine.

This pdf came from www.canbusuk.com or Auto King, a Delphi diagnostics distributor. It has some info about Ford Injector coding in general.

FORD-Injector-Programming.pdf

• Like 1

On 07/01/2018 at 2:36 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

I would hazard a guess that is a serial no. relating to the recon. company. All the info I have seen says the 1.6TDCI injector codes are 8 or 9 digits long. From one source it should be stamped on the ring under the connector, and also on a label on the side or top of the engine, though no doubt this usually disappears at some time.

But like you say, if it runs smoothly enough from idle to max power, at least after a couple of hundred miles, then it should be fine.

This pdf came from www.canbusuk.com or Auto King, a Delphi diagnostics distributor. It has some info about Ford Injector coding in general.

FORD-Injector-Programming.pdf

So just to update I put the reconditioned injectors in on Monday. It was a pain to start but managed to start it in around 5 minutes. The car drives nicely till now and it sounds good in all revs. I haven't been booting it as I want all the air pockets to go out of the fuel system and let everything settle in. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club