Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Zetec S - buckled alloy help and advice please

KirstyW

Hey, I recently bought a Fiesta Zetec S 2009 in white after wanting one for so long! I've also recently found out all 4 of the alloys are buckled ☹ not happy.
Although I like cars, I know nothing about them! My understanding is you can't get the original design alloys anymore (and even if you could I think they're ridiculously expensive) So my question is can anyone please point me in the right direction of what alloys will suit it now coz I really have no clue and can't decide!  Not sure im keen on black and I don't have a massive budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Ta
Kirsty 

Thank you for the link, unfortunately they'e sold out of my ones though!!

A proper alloy wheel repairer (not just a refinisher) might be able to repair them.  My sister got ran off the road by another car and made a frightful mess of two wheels, awful dents, buckles, and found a repairer that fixed them.  I really thought they'd be a goner, but the were straight and true, and looked like new.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but if you inspected the car before you bought it, the dealer might have repaired it or gave you some money off.

If they're truely buckled and not just badly kerbed then they're usually scappers. There's only so much body filler can do, and big patches usually don't last as long as you think. Hit a kerb and the whole patch of body filler will usually fall off. Rather than dint the metal.

Anyway, new alloys will cost you a fortune, talking £800 for the zetec-s alloys with the cost of moving tyres over+ balancing.

Try searching eBay for a good used set or a breakers yard. I'd imagine there would be a fair few knocking about without tyres. You'd probably pay around the same price for repairing them as you would for a used set.

are they bent on front or back of the wheel. when hitting pot holes it is much easier to bend the back of the wheel as the rim is not supported by the spokes at the back edge. and you won't see that when inspecting a car unless you jack it up and spin the wheel whilst sticking your head underneath and looking at the back of the wheel. 

And if buying a 2nd hand wheel that is not mounted on a car you can't check that until you put it on a car and spin it. alloy wheels are weak compared to steel and the wider the wheel the more unsupported the back edge is.

FORD alloys where the pants, seen tougher toffee so I whisked mine off and put 17s on I think i paid just under 500 quid for alloys and tyres mind u the tyres where cheap and had to be changed after 10k

Kirsty check out https://www.wheelbasealloys.com pretty good prices with out tyres 15" £259, 16" £359, 17" 359 with tyres your looking  15" £419, 16" £539, 17" £539

Thank you, have been looking on that site and seen a few i like. Ive got 17s already so going to stick to that size! Im just rubbish at knowing what style will suit!

don't forget if you have an insurance claim and you did not tell your insurance company you had non-standard wheels, if you go down this route (even if same size) they could get awkward about it if they felt inclined 

Avoid aftermarket wheels ideally. You'll need to declare them as a modification.

Have a look around Gumtree or local breakers. Although it can prove to be time consuming and somewhat annoying you will eventually find a set, you may also need to travel to find a decent set. 

3 hours ago, Rich_654 said:

Avoid aftermarket wheels ideally. You'll need to declare them as a modification.

Have a look around Gumtree or local breakers. Although it can prove to be time consuming and somewhat annoying you will eventually find a set, you may also need to travel to find a decent set. 

I will second this as as said the insurance wont be worth anything if you don't tell them,i have the same on mine as yours when i had the car and aint had any problems

but so hard to find a good set of second hand ones as i was just trying to find 2 ages ago but had no luck.

the main problem with finding a good second hand set is you can not tell if the wheel is bent unless you mount it on a car and spin it (and bending of the back of the wheel can happen easily as mentioned above)

Thanks for all the help and advice. 

I had already explained the situation to my insurance company and they said it's fine, I'll just have to pay an extra £20 to cover the change. I can live with that 😊

The hard thing also about getting a second hand set is I live on the Isle of Wight so makes getting anywhere a bit of a mission!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club