Sign in to follow this  
eilidhchambe

PLEASE HELP- Cost on repair for this?

Hiya,

So I'm absolutely beside myself. I left my car down a main road whilst I went to work today and came back to see someone had jumped all over it and dented it. The picture doesn't do justice of how many dents there are due to the frost covering it.. it's pretty bad.

I'm 21 years old and my parents gave me this car as a present.. I know its nothing special but I was incredibly grateful to have it. I'm in education till I'm 26 and there's no way I can pay for this myself.. I doubt I can afford to go through insurance and all the aggro that will cause. I'm honestly so upset I really looked after my car as I was so appreciative. Any idea how much this will cost to fix? I'm so upset that I looked after it just for some horrible people to go and do that.

35601892-49D4-4E90-820E-C6C35BF52A35.jpg.jpeg

Stuff like this makes me blood boil, I'd say if you had no creases in the roof you should be able to just pop it out from the inside, but to get repaired if their is creases anything up to £100 I'd say

Depends how bent the reinforcers on the inside of the roof are.  With luck it might pop out if pushed from inside, and a SMART repairer might then be able to remove any remaining bumps.  Might...

Hopefully the offender will catch this new Aussie Flu that's going round...in his *****.

a bit after the horse has bolted in this case, but you might consider getting a dashcam fitted with parking record mode at least then you would have evidence the police could use to bring the perpetrators to book. is parking an issue in this area? could it be an upset resident rather than a brain-dead moron or both?

Are there any shops on the road it was parked on that might have CCTV?  Was it just your car that was damaged?

Thanks for everyones replies! I've managed to pop the worst of it out- however there was a cross like section hanging down which I think must have been damaged. It's mostly popped back into place but no doubt my roof doesn't have the integrity it did have. 

6 hours ago, cjay1 said:

a bit after the horse has bolted in this case, but you might consider getting a dashcam fitted with parking record mode at least then you would have evidence the police could use to bring the perpetrators to book. is parking an issue in this area? could it be an upset resident rather than a brain-dead moron or both?

The lane itself isn't a residential one- it's full of restaurants and then I parked my car at the dead of which there is a main road pretty much immediately perpendicular to it (after the bollards). I parked outside a health centre/restaurant- I park here because the very small tesco car park round the back where I work is very secluded and I wanted to avoid this kind of thing happening to my car! So I doubt an upset resident I think it's much more likely some kids- they really must have gone to town on it. But your suggestion of a dashcam is a very good one, and something I'm now going to look into, thank you so much!

3 hours ago, BP2411 said:

Are there any shops on the road it was parked on that might have CCTV?  Was it just your car that was damaged?

Just my car unfortunately, I'm going to call around as there's a nursery several floors high and a health centre. The police told me that places only film their immediate property and are unlikely to film the road. What irks me is as there are so many businesses around, it's such a busy place with dog walkers etc is that some people must have seen but didn't think to say anything/report it. Also I'm sure if businesses used their CCTV collaboratively I could find them... alas, no time money or resources for this. Especially as the police won't cooperate unless I get evidence first. Not only should there be CCTV to the left, to the right it should also be on the street that is directly opposite my car (imagine a T and my car was at the intersection of the T essentially). I'm holding out hope but don't think local business owners can be bothered!