Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ELM327 first go - problems

Pebbleheed

I finally got some spare time to have a go with my Elm cable. 

I wanted to activate the self locking doors and it looked simple enough. Sadly it didn't go as planned.

Forscan connected fine. I was able to shift between the two modes on the cable and everything read as I believe it should.

I then tried to read the main module but I got a battery too low message.

To resolve the battery issue, I started the engine. I then tried to read the main module again but this time my headlights flash, my interior light flash and then the display in the car said "Normal Mode Activated"

This is the reading Forscan said at the time (see screenshot saved to post).

I panicked thinking I'd knackered my car so I clicked disconnect on the Forscan software, removed my cable and took my car for a drive. It drove totally fine without any issues.

So now I'm back home and I'm weary of trying it again. 

Can anyone shed any light as to what happened here and why. Am I going to have caused problems doing this?

Cheers

Forscan Issue.png

I didnt use forscan to do my auto locking doors. 

I used focccus

I know im mumbling but you CAN seriously BRICK your car if you do the slightest thing wrong.

Add something that isnt on the car such as Blind Spot Information System etc etc

Jamie

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, james_60 said:

I didnt use forscan to do my auto locking doors. 

I used focccus

I know im mumbling but you CAN seriously BRICK your car if you do the slightest thing wrong.

Add something that isnt on the car such as Blind Spot Information System etc etc

Jamie

I didn't try to add or change anything, just read the central configuration. I'll leave it for a while I think. Not seen any issues crop up from this yet so hopefully it's fine.

The central configuration is available to read on etis-ford by entering your registration number if you are registered or a vin number

Jamie

I wanted to activate automatic door locking. I believe I had to read the configuration, change the value to active and them carry out the procedure to activate the locking once saved?

Is there a safer way to do this or should I just leave it alone?

7 minutes ago, james_60 said:

The central configuration is available to read on etis-ford by entering your registration number if you are registered or a vin number

Jamie

How do I download the central configuration file from Etis-Ford? Is there an option for that?

Looking at the error message I received it seems I have to download the central configuration and put it in the direction as per the error message before it can do what I wanted. This may explain why I had issues.

SBL Error.png

• Confused 1

I've not touched my elm cable since I added cruise control two years, I bricked my car, during the process, if it wasn't for the very knowledgeable people on here I don't know what I would have done. Like I said I've been too nervous to do anything with It since.

• Like 1