Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 140ps Bluefin Chip

Lewis11196

Evening all,

Ill get straight to the point, back in September I picked up a 140ps red edition fiesta and it was probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, quick, smooth ride, great looking car and very economical! Anyway since then I’ve done a few mods most notably I’ve added an r-sport cold air Induction Kit and most recently had a milltek exhaust system installed...

Now after reading a few posts on here I’ve seen some outstanding reviews on the bluefin maps but also been made aware of a few warnings aswell such as it causing a lot of stress on such a small engine. After looking at a few other remaps on the likes of pumaspeed and aet motorsport they all also require a new intercooler as well... Now my question is is this totally necessary for having the car mapped? Also would having this map void your warranty in the event of a crash?

any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi Lewis 

the warranty on your car would already be voided by Ford should you have any engine related issues just by having the exhaust and air filter fitted.

There was another guy on here that had an engine fail with a custom exhaust and Ford wouldn't honour the warranty because of it. 

If your original question relates to insurance then I would say you are safer with a re map rather than an exhaust and aftermarket air filter as they are very easy for an insurance assessor to spot. Most insurance companies send one out to inspect accident damage and they will always report back as to if the car has been modified in anyway.

I hope my advice has been helpful. I would like to add that my car is a 123Bhp ecoboost which was re mapped with Bluefin and now at 32k its still running fine the only upgrade I did was to fit a larger intercooler as the temps were a bit high for my liking.

12 hours ago, Lewis11196 said:

After looking at a few other remaps on the likes of pumaspeed and aet motorsport they all also require a new intercooler as well... Now my question is is this totally necessary for having the car mapped?

Engineers/ tuners have spent months dialing in these maps to be reliable yet gain more power whilst not blowing up the car. Don't try and think you know better and can ignore their advice, they usually have good reason for it, especially if most/every map provider has stated it.

The ecoboost has heating issues at stock, so introduce more power = more heat. More boost = more hot air due to more compression therefore needs a bigger intercooler.

Engine modifying isn't something to cut corners on. It's very easy to come home with a blown head gasket or a blown anything really as a result of not doing it properly.

There are certain maps that are supported by Ford under warranty actually, but as said above you've already voided your warranty. I'd tell your insurance about the exhaust etc. though. They won't pay out if you crash otherwise.

I don’t think I know better that’s why I’m asking for advice here... the modifications that I’ve done have all been declared to the insurer and I plan on doing the same with the remap if I get it.

11 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

Hi Lewis 

the warranty on your car would already be voided by Ford should you have any engine related issues just by having the exhaust and air filter fitted.

There was another guy on here that had an engine fail with a custom exhaust and Ford wouldn't honour the warranty because of it. 

If your original question relates to insurance then I would say you are safer with a re map rather than an exhaust and aftermarket air filter as they are very easy for an insurance assessor to spot. Most insurance companies send one out to inspect accident damage and they will always report back as to if the car has been modified in anyway.

I hope my advice has been helpful. I would like to add that my car is a 123Bhp ecoboost which was re mapped with Bluefin and now at 32k its still running fine the only upgrade I did was to fit a larger intercooler as the temps were a bit high for my liking.

Yes your advice was helpful, I have already told my insurer about the induction kit and exhaust and they insured me fine, I don’t plan on taking the risk of mapping, not telling my insurer and hoping they don’t find out, I’d rather not have it mapped than take that risk

Bluefin warranties any problems that their map causes to your engine. Ford can detect that you've remapped though, even if you take it off. It's not something that the average technician can check though. I've had their tune on my 125PS for 18 months with no problems. I am running Mountune bigger intercooler and pipes (all warranty friendly). 

16 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

. Ford can detect that you've remapped though, even if you take it off.

NO Ford cannot detect !

Hi,

If you do need any help with insurance for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

On 09/01/2018 at 10:25 AM, petrus said:

NO Ford cannot detect !

Every time a map is loaded the ECU map counter increases by 1. This can be detected by a Ford Master Technician if they check using their diagnostics.

Every time a map is loaded the ECU map counter increases by 1. This can be detected by a Ford Master Technician if they check using their diagnostics.

i would like to know where on diagnostics it can be found. i dont know where to look. my ecu counter will be on 4 or 5 by now with ford pcm updates and reinstalling bluefin.

I don't know either as I've never used ford diagnostics. I read it on another forum posted by a ford technician

i use it every day and i cant see. well when i say i use it , i use 2 at the same time at the moment and 8hrs a day, 5 days a week. lol

dont ask why.