Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blanked egr and engine light is on

Greavesy

So I have a Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci (56 reg) and I’ve been having a problem with it. The engine management light has been throwing up with the P0404 code (exhaust gas recirculation control circuit range/performance). It’s been going on for a couple of weeks, I’ve tried and used wynns egr cleaner into the intake but a day after there’s no luck. Finally I’ve come to a decision to blank my egr, I’ve fitted the plate in and took it for a run. During the said run the engine light is up again with the exact same code, is there a way around this?? Would it be a good idea to reset the ecu via disconnecting the battery?? I’m pretty new to all of this so my knowledge is very limited 

I take it you stripped the EGR to see if there was actually anything wrong with it? Just spraying that crap in the intake does nothing.

Guess by blanking it you'll just have to be careful on emissions tests, it's getting a lot stricter now. Suppose with an older car it's not too bad.

Depending on what scanner you are using you can just clear the codes, drive around for a bit and scan again.

I haven’t taken the egr out because I thought blanking it out would just stop the problem (obviously I was wrong lol) I’ll take it out this weekend and give it an inspection. Should I drill a 6mm hole through my blanking plate aswell??

I can erase the code with the code reader but it just pops up the day after

12 minutes ago, Greavesy said:

I haven’t taken the egr out because I thought blanking it out would just stop the problem (obviously I was wrong lol) I’ll take it out this weekend and give it an inspection. Should I drill a 6mm hole through my blanking plate aswell??

From what I've heard putting a hole in the EGR plate defeats the object of blanking it in the first place.

Yhhh same I’ve been doing some research on it, in conclusion what do you think is the best option for me? Because I’m an apprentice so money is not great but I don’t want to be driving with the engine light glaring into my soul the entire time 

Take the EGR apart and see if the seal is broken. If not then give it a clean and stick it back on, it will be as good as new if you do it right. If the seal is broke get either one from eBay or get new EGR for £50.

Yhh that’ll be the job for the weekend I’ll give it an inspection thanks for the advice buddy!