Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Active drive assist?

nevershear

Taken from my TSR post:

What is this actually supposed to do? My assumption is it does nothing because I'm sure I didn't pay for parking sensors or anything, but then again most optional extras that come on Ford Cars won't give you any option to use them (even in a non-operational state) if you don't have them (an example being Navigation on Sync 3 or Blind Spot detection).

Is it just something they couldn't take off the settings and should just be ignored?

I flicked through the manual furiously to find anything about it but couldn't really find anything in there relatable to it and searching for this setting only brings up Park Assist. If you're still confused what I'm on about - it's an option behind the dashboard on the steering wheel. When I switch it on I just see two lines like a road, and then like a bumper type shape. Can take a picture after work if this makes understanding easier.

I think you're talking about the system which helps keep the car in lane. It will have two modes (three if you include off).

One mode is actively applying torque through the power steering to keep the car in it's lane, the other just rumbles the steering wheel to alert you, you're going off line.

I've got a "lane-keeping" type setting, adjustable using a switch on the left lever*, and then this setting which is selected by using the up/down button on the wheel.

Cheers for quick response by the way. (& nice car)

1 minute ago, nevershear said:

I've got a "lane-keeping" type setting, adjustable using a switch on the left indicator, and then this setting which is selected by using the up/down button on the wheel.

Cheers for quick response by the way.

Yeah it will be that. On my Focus, the two lines graphic is to indicate lane keeping is switched on. I have mine set to rumble only, but it's off 99% of the time anyway. Also if it's anything like the Focus, it only operates from about 40 mph.

Just now, alexp999 said:

Yeah it will be that. On my Focus, the two lines graphic is to indicate lane keeping is switched on. I have mine set to rumble only, but it's off 99% of the time.

No mate what I'm saying is I have two different settings, the one on the left lever stick which turns on the lane assist - then another separate setting on the wheel which brings up a display on the smaller dashboard, unless what you're saying is what's on the dashboard is supposed to show me my lane position (which might explain why it does nothing if the car is stationary).

Okay, a photo might help. The menus on the Fiesta UI are quite new, so they might have re-arranged some things.

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Okay, a photo might help. The menus on the Fiesta UI are quite new, so they might have re-arranged some things.

c0b1TOL.jpg

So it's just a view, rather than a setting?

I'm wondering if it just shows you context relative things on it. Like if you go for a drive with lane keeping on, with it on that screen, it will show lanes changing colour as it kicks in.

Sort of a driver assistance overview of what the computer system is up to?

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

So it's just a view, rather than a setting?

I'm wondering if it just shows you context relative things on it. Like if you go for a drive with lane keeping on, with it on that screen, it will show lanes changing colour as it kicks in.

Sort of a driver assistance overview of what the computer system is up to?

Seems it as such. It doesn't show me anything, I switched to it for once whilst going on a downhill slip onto an a-road earlier to see if it showed anything, stayed the same way it does when I'm stationary so I just switched it back to mph display. On my way to work tomorrow I'll put on both lane keeping & driver assist when I'm on a stretch of road and see if that makes a difference.

Following this up - it's a display for the lane-keeping system. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club