Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Do you have a lot running on power points/usb in your car.

jace1969

Do you have a lot running on socket power points or the u.s.b power side,i have a 4 way power supply from fuse box all fused and overload protected.

All off ignition fuse as my 2011 standard power point is on 24/7.

Do a lot use a lot of stuff like this.

Your lucky if I use a phone charger in the car lol.

what have you got running from that setup then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stef123 said:

Your lucky if I use a phone charger in the car lol.

what have you got running from that setup then. 

On 24/7 from fuse on piggy back i have a tracker live,goes off when car is stationery for more than 10mins.

Off the 6 (i said 4 was wrong) way socket off ignition i have 2 dash cams,front and rear and 1 is u.s.b and 1 is round socket so i have 4 spare (3 u.s.b and 1 round socket.)

All hidden away,i needed one to run the 2 dash cams off ignition so hidden the unit under the gear surround,had it for a good 12 months now.

Just seeing if any do this being a lot have Dash cams and trackers etc.

I have discreet front dashcam, wired into a 12v socket I installed to a piggyback behind the glovebox. Thought about putting my old one in the boot but I'm not allowed cameras where i work so would get an earful if I got caught.

I'm after something to charge my phone with though, the usb socket drains more power than it charges. Needs to be something with ideally quick charge 4 as I'm after getting the Galaxy S9 once that's out.

What tracker do you use anyway? Is it one of them where you have to pay for a subscription and a sim card? Or is it just plug and play then you can view where your car is on a map?

11 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I have discreet front dashcam, wired into a 12v socket I installed to a piggyback behind the glovebox. Thought about putting my old one in the boot but I'm not allowed cameras where i work so would get an earful if I got caught.

I'm after something to charge my phone with though, the usb socket drains more power than it charges. Needs to be something with ideally quick charge 4 as I'm after getting the Galaxy S9 once that's out.

What tracker do you use anyway? Is it one of them where you have to pay for a subscription and a sim card? Or is it just plug and play then you can view where your car is on a map?

I don't have a phone charger as don't need one,the tracker is the sim card one and i should say its the best thing i have done on my car as i have had this a good 2 years

and its live on the p.c on there tracker software,the sim i have topped up once in 2 years with £10 and still got a good £4 or more left on it,its a Lycra mobile sim they supply free.

You have a map also on your phone as i use it on my S7 which does the same as on my p.c and i can change setting on the phone or p.c.

Being a 2011 and power-point and u.s.b in the car i leave free just if i need it as on 24/7 so just hooked up another few of them direct from fuse box and protected unit,off ignition.

On my car the previous owner wired in a USB charger. Opened the cover up from the gear lever and found it was wired to the cigarette lighter. It illuminates blue when it's getting power and looked like the cigarette lighter gets constant power. Now it's wired to a fuse which gets power when the ignition is on. I didn't want it to attract attention whilst the car is parked. I have a dash camera but need to move it as the windscreen wiper doesn't swipe past it making water drops collect in front of the screen. It's wired in so it gets constant power but want to wire in a switch so when I'm parked in my driveway (where I won't worry about anyone smacking there car on mine) I can switch it off rather than unplugging the switch. 

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

On my car the previous owner wired in a USB charger. Opened the cover up from the gear lever and found it was wired to the cigarette lighter. It illuminates blue when it's getting power and looked like the cigarette lighter gets constant power. Now it's wired to a fuse which gets power when the ignition is on. I didn't want it to attract attention whilst the car is parked. I have a dash camera but need to move it as the windscreen wiper doesn't swipe past it making water drops collect in front of the screen. It's wired in so it gets constant power but want to wire in a switch so when I'm parked in my driveway (where I won't worry about anyone smacking there car on mine) I can switch it off rather than unplugging the switch. 

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

You have the same dash cam as me as i have 2 of them,i wanted them off ignition so there off when the car is but my socket in the car is on 24/7 so just run my own

ignition set up direct off spare fuse/piggy back and also the lead came with a inline fuse,the unit itself has all the protection (overload cut-off or if a short) so had that.

Works amazing and you cant see i have anything at all fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club