• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

They've probably charged the battery ...
And/or/maybe done a reset on the software side, when I did a bit of Forscan tinkering on mine it ended up resetting something on the battery side of things as it temporarily fixed my Start Stop and Heated Screen until it realised and went back to normal.

16 hours ago, Proz said:

They've probably charged the battery ...

I think they did, so it will slowly lose its charge until replaced.  Annoyingly still, heated screen and S/S working perfectly from cold today......

Been back at the dealer today, they replaced the battery under warranty.

Whilst there, the technician/mechanic had a word with me, said that he'd seen a few batteries behave like this.  He also said that the mechanism behind operating the S/S is based on a scientific calculation between the battery level and the level of charge being directed to it.  The minimum the battery can be at is 60%.  He also said the technicians arent all fully clued up as to exactly how this works.

He also suggested after a motorway cruise, when coming onto a slip road, to floor the accelerator briefly as this will make the S/S work as it directs enough current.  

For what its worth, the S/S is behaving as is the heated screen.

Been back at the dealer today, they replaced the battery under warranty.
Whilst there, the technician/mechanic had a word with me, said that he'd seen a few batteries behave like this.  He also said that the mechanism behind operating the S/S is based on a scientific calculation between the battery level and the level of charge being directed to it.  The minimum the battery can be at is 60%.  He also said the technicians arent all fully clued up as to exactly how this works.
He also suggested after a motorway cruise, when coming onto a slip road, to floor the accelerator briefly as this will make the S/S work as it directs enough current.  
For what its worth, the S/S is behaving as is the heated screen.
So this pretty much confirms the charging during overrun behaviour mentioned earlier... Interesting.

I charged my own battery again the other day, got it to 90% but it's not been left untouched long enough I don't think as neither S/S not heated screen are working still.

Unless I can get around to getting a new battery soon I will have to give that slip road acceleration a try.

Thanks for sharing Latman.

On 09/02/2018 at 8:22 PM, Kyutu said:

So this pretty much confirms the charging during overrun behaviour mentioned earlier... Interesting.

I charged my own battery again the other day, got it to 90% but it's not been left untouched long enough I don't think as neither S/S not heated screen are working still.

Unless I can get around to getting a new battery soon I will have to give that slip road acceleration a try.

Thanks for sharing Latman.

No probs, for what its worth, its been working perfectly since I got her back.  I think its a case of Ford are trying to be too clever hampered by poor quality batteries.   Everybody who's replaced the battery seems to be back on easy street again.