Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Boot Switch fuse number???

GFoster

Hi,

New member here and looking for some help please!! :) 

I believe this is related to the known MK2 rear water leak (been heavy rain here all last week), got a warning that boot was open while driving so pulled over and sure enough it was. Closed it and happened again a few mins later. Now happens randomly. When using the fob to unlock doors, the boot no longer unlocks and the button under the "flap" doesn't either, it will only unlock using the boot button on the fob. The mechanism/solenoid is obviously fine as it locks and unlocks with the fob, so assuming that water ingress has shorted out the switch, which I can easily replace but can't quite afford for a couple of weeks.

Question is, what is the fuse number that controls this switch, so I can temporarily remove it to stop the random unlocking whilst driving? I've searched around and it might be #77? If anyone can help with up to date info that would be great :) Cheers

G

Its the actual boot switch thats failed - the one under the rubber flap that you press to lift the boot.

I actually replaced mine yesterday with exactly the same symptoms - it wont be the fuse.

They are 6 quid on eBay or 30 from ford

I wouldnt be pulling the central locking fuse if im honest , can see that ending in tears , just unplug the switch from the boot lock but you might as well just change it .....

10 minutes ago, biff55 said:

Its the actual boot switch thats failed - the one under the rubber flap that you press to lift the boot.

I actually replaced mine yesterday with exactly the same symptoms - it wont be the fuse.

They are 6 quid on ebay or 30 from ford

I wouldnt be pulling the central locking fuse if im honest , can see that ending in tears.....

Thanks Pete,

So that fuse would also be the central locking one, didn't think of that. Supposed to doing a 300+ mile round trip to Manchester on Wed and didn't fancy the boot randomly opening on the motorway! What issues do you think it could cause taking that fuse out?

5 minutes ago, GFoster said:

What issues do you think it could cause taking that fuse out?

No idea , im not dumb enough to try it ;-)

Like i said unplug the switch from boot lock which will stop it opening unexpectedly until you can replace it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, biff55 said:

No idea , im not dumb enough to try it ;-)

Like i said unplug the switch from boot lock which will stop it opening unexpectedly until you can replace it

Doh, yeah, that would do the same thing wouldn't it! Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I've got the same problem,, boot opens on fob boot button but not on door button. Have tested the micro switch on the boot release button that's ok. Not sure what to try next. 

• 2 months later...

I changed my switch and it’s started happening a week later so something more must be to blame. It happens when I press the brake so I can only assume it’s the whole wiring in the boot area 

• 11 months later...

I have a Ford focus ecoboost trend 1.0 The boot is not opening completely. And when l am driving it occasionally shows the boot is open. What might be the problem? 

• 10 months later...

I have 2010 ford focus estate UK model. My boot doesn’t make any unlocking noise at all with fob or button. I changed boot actuator mechanism, but same issue. I was looking for relay or maybe fuse but all fuses are good not sure about relay.

The boot lock is part of the central locking system it shares the same supply. It is controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module) which is part of the front fusebox located behind the glovebox.

On your model the BCM is very prone to getting water in to it which causes the small pins in the connectors to corrode.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club