Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No reverse or 5th gear

oneeyefrail

Hi all , newbie here and trying to resolve a problem on  a family members 2009 mk2 Ka 1.25.

Sp basically she has been struggling to get it into reverse and finally its refusing to  go into reverse and 5th gear, Had a look at the selector cables and noticed the adjustable cable at the gear lever was seized solid , replaced them and adjusted it as per the haynes manual but still get reverse or 5th, placed about with the setting but still nothing ,

Im assuming its something to do with the box now as read on the internet it could be the selector arm ? 

Cant get it into gear with engine running or not and clutch bite feels good, no clutch slippage.

Anyone got any tips or even a gearbox break down diagram ? or the type of box is it?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi 

Did you get to the bottom of this. I think we have a similar problem. Gear stick needs extra pressure on the lift up and down to get into reverse. If changing from 5th down, the gear stick like in other gears doesnt return to the kind off neutral point without an extra pull to the left and down extra. Not massive force but cant see whats worn out etc, without dismantling.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, TheScoobster said:

Hi 

Did you get to the bottom of this. I think we have a similar problem. Gear stick needs extra pressure on the lift up and down to get into reverse. If changing from 5th down, the gear stick like in other gears doesnt return to the kind off neutral point without an extra pull to the left and down extra. Not massive force but cant see whats worn out etc, without dismantling.

I'd have guessed at a worn bush or something I  the gear linkages. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having the same troubles as you. I started up a post. (Admin could you please delete it, sorry).

I am worried as I only bought the car 3 months ago.

• 1 year later...

Hi there I've just been messing about with the brother in laws car lost 1,2 4,5 and reverse gears. On inspection the connection at the engine end had come off (the green bit) the Bush was still on the nipple but the rest had come loose on the round Bush slips on and off easily I guess this just screws on to  the end of the cable. Can you buy just the end part separately or do I need to buy the complete cable kit ( even if I just then remove the end instead of replacing the complete cable)  cheers 

• 3 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, TheScoobster said:

Hi 

Hi, did you ever find an answer/fix to this? This exact thing is happening to my girlfriends car currently.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club