Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK5 Heating Issue / Enquiry

MartyMK5

I'm having an issue with my 2016 Ford Mondeo and I am not having much success with the dealer I bought it from. 

The issue is an odd one in that when the car has been running for about 30 to 40 minutes with the temperature set to a constant, such as 22 degrees, the vents start blowing out air at different temperatures. This happens whether Auto climate control is on or off. The windscreen vents blow out considerably cooler air than the face and floor vents. This is rather uncomfortable. I understand that the air temperature will change as the car attempts to control the temperature in the cabin, but I cannot understand why it would blow air of different temperatures from different vents. For instance, I can feel cool air on my forehead from the windscreen vents while there is warm air blowing at my feet. When I increase the temperature manually to try and stop the cool air from the windscreen vents, the floor vents become uncomfortably hot. 

The garage I bought the car from claims this is working by design. 

Is the car suppose to blow cool air from the windscreen vents while blowing warm air from the other vents?

Many thanks,

Marty 

That's a perfectly normal air flow, cool to the head so you don't get drowsy and warm to your feet, every car I've had with A/C has done this and going back to old cars mk 1 cortina springs to mind this happened then, well you got ambient air via the eyeball vents

21 hours ago, pragmatix said:

That's a perfectly normal air flow, cool to the head so you don't get drowsy and warm to your feet, every car I've had with A/C has done this and going back to old cars mk 1 cortina springs to mind this happened then, well you got ambient air via the eyeball vents

Thanks for you reply. I've owned many cars and none have ever done this. If it's how it is supposed to work, then fair enough, but I just think it doesn't add up. What if the passenger wants to sleep! Why would they design a car so that it pumps out cold air onto my hands and face when it's -4 outside, just in case I fall asleep! Hypothermia can cause drowsiness too you know! :)

Joking aside, it really doesn't seem right. 

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

22 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

There was some issues with sensors and a software update was also available , see this thread http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/240361-climate-control-problem/page-1

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am aware of this. But when I checked, it seems my car already has this fix. 

Much appreciated. 

• 5 weeks later...

My mk5 mondeo has a similar problem.  I set my temp to 23°c and set my vents to face vents.after driving for about 15miles the passenger side goes cool but driver side stays hot. Also the cabin temp can go up to 29°c with out cooling down to what i set the temp at 23°c .I've had new sensors and update to modules but my dealer can not fix it. I' waiting for a ford engineer to come and see if he can fix it.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Mondeo titanium x facelift with the newer climate control found in the mk2 Kuga still.   Issue I’ve got is that the dual climate when set to “lo” on both zones; will be cold on passenger side but hot on drivers side.   When turned off, I still get hot air from vents including foot well.   Worth noting that the previous owner installed aftermarket stereo and I wonder if the blend valve actuator behind the radio could be damaged.   Has anyone heard of these symptoms and able to offer advice.   

Thank you 

• 2 years later...

Hey people,

I have a 2014 titanium x business edition.

My climate control system doesn't work. It all lights up and air comes out twice when I start the engine. I can see all the menus to turn it on but when I try and push the blower up or ac on. Nothing happens. I can use the touch screen to work radio or sat navigation, I can switch between the different menus for the climate control on the touch screen but just cant get it to blow any air. Not sure if it is a simple button to push. I tried self diagnose, that also didn't work. All I got was 0x0. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks Steff. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club