Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2.5 H7 led Headlamp bulbs

yunii

Hi, is anyone using these bulbs?
I've looked on eBay but most wont fit it says.
Are these E marked for legal road use?
Any hints tips links welcome.
I currently have Osram nightbreaker unlimited bulbs.
Thanks
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

been looking myself mate no joy yet all non e approved 

been looking myself mate no joy yet all non e approved 
One of them i messaged says his supplier say they are E marked. But cant go by that.
Yunii

These bulbs are NOT approved for road use and will cause dazzle. They must be installed in a projector housing to ensure that they don't dazzle and will also require automatic levelling like HID bulbs.

• Like 1

Thats why i'm weary about it & enquiring .
I use to have Hid ballast kit on my old mk1.5 which was 8500k. Believe that was bright. I dont wanna go that route again.
Yunii

3 hours ago, yunii said:

Thats why i'm weary about it & enquiring .
I use to have Hid ballast kit on my old mk1.5 which was 8500k. Believe that was bright. I dont wanna go that route again.
Yunii

And also very illegal.

These are probably the only E-Marked ones now:

https://nssc.en.alibaba.com/product/60729307243-221991232/5S_LED_headlight_with_perfect_beam_pattern_as_stocked_halogen_bulbs.html

HOWEVER, from some brief research online it seems to be, that the E-Mark is only for the "electric product" - which the bulb is, not for it's function as an alternative light source in the car. So...this really depends on how far you want to stretch the law here. 

Recently, I ordered this set:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OGA-2PCS-8000LM-2016-New-Arrival-H4-HB2-9003-Car-LED-Head-Lamp-Headlight-Conversion-Kit/32698413406.html

which should have very nice output according to feedback gathered from various sellers of these bulbs on Aliexpress, I can review them once I get them. They are 25W, which is lower than standard 35W which these LEDs usually operate at, which should mean that they won't shine that bright to blind others on the road. I'm planning to test them in reflectors and also in projectors. Approx. 6000K light colour should be fine for daily driving, maybe I would prefer something lower, around 4500K, but I will see how it will look in real life.

These are probably the only E-Marked ones now:
https://nssc.en.alibaba.com/product/60729307243-221991232/5S_LED_headlight_with_perfect_beam_pattern_as_stocked_halogen_bulbs.html
HOWEVER, from some brief research online it seems to be, that the E-Mark is only for the "electric product" - which the bulb is, not for it's function as an alternative light source in the car. So...this really depends on how far you want to stretch the law here. 
Recently, I ordered this set:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OGA-2PCS-8000LM-2016-New-Arrival-H4-HB2-9003-Car-LED-Head-Lamp-Headlight-Conversion-Kit/32698413406.html
which should have very nice output according to feedback gathered from various sellers of these bulbs on Aliexpress, I can review them once I get them. They are 25W, which is lower than standard 35W which these LEDs usually operate at, which should mean that they won't shine that bright to blind others on the road. I'm planning to test them in reflectors and also in projectors. Approx. 6000K light colour should be fine for daily driving, maybe I would prefer something lower, around 4500K, but I will see how it will look in real life.
Thanks scorpionsx, i'll wait till you receive yours.
I want them for headlamp main driving beam. H7s.
Yunii

Dont bother & save your money , many reviews i've seen on aftermarket led kits suggest the same thing - although leds have great colour rendering and are bright at close range , they have a poor light throw at distance compared to a decent halogen bulb 

• Like 3

Nighteye 4000lm per bulb passive heatsink 3 year guarantee £22 quid eBay, fit without any issues the rain dust cap misses by around 8mm

none are legal and highly unlikely any LED H7 fitment ever will be, however common sense going from killing, smashing and hitting things because you can't see a thing is far more dangerous

excellent bulbs, you will think you had a xenon conversion, no one flashes you and when I have been in another vehicle with these following on on coming they are a lot less nasty than most hoodies use and not as bad as std fit BM or Merc setup (which magically did pass the testing)

the change is so dramatic the users says she forgets to go to high beam now as she can see where she's going....

one thing (and partially explains fords incompetent designed to kill headlight bulbs) being lower wattage 20 vs 55 they flash as the vehicle cranks, as spurious voltage hits the bulbs for an instant, obviously this voltage hits the stock halogens but u only see it in Halfords buying new bulbs all the time.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Botus said:

Nighteye 4000lm per bulb passive heatsink 3 year guarantee £22 quid ebay, fit without any issues the rain dust cap misses by around 8mm

none are legal and highly unlikely any LED H7 fitment ever will be, however common sense going from killing, smashing and hitting things because you can't see a thing is far more dangerous

excellent bulbs, you will think you had a xenon conversion, no one flashes you and when I have been in another vehicle with these following on on coming they are a lot less nasty than most hoodies use and not as bad as std fit BM or Merc setup (which magically did pass the testing)

the change is so dramatic the users says she forgets to go to high beam now as she can see where she's going....

one thing (and partially explains fords incompetent designed to kill headlight bulbs) being lower wattage 20 vs 55 they flash as the vehicle cranks, as spurious voltage hits the bulbs for an instant, obviously this voltage hits the stock halogens but u only see it in Halfords buying new bulbs all the time.

I've always wondered how the German marques with their Xenon and LED headlights pass the conformity tests as they often seem to be too high and too bright compared to other factory LED setups such as the MK5 Mondy.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

I've always wondered how the German marques with their Xenon and LED headlights pass the conformity tests as they often seem to be too high and too bright compared to other factory LED setups such as the MK5 Mondy.

Agree, 9 times out of 10 when I'm being blinded by a car's headlights, it's always either an audi or mercedes built in the last two years. Almost as if they have their high beams on.

• Like 1

Knowing the "typical" driver of large Audi SUV's or a saloon, they probably DO drive on full beam because it's their right and part of being a "true" Audi driver to let the rest of us peasants know our place in the world! :whip:

Anyone used Osram nightbreaker laser H7's ?
Yunii165b834678551e40c762b7a96819bd52.jpg

Reviews are better than nightbreaker unlimited ones.

Got them in mine atm. Compared to the “whatever fits” bulbs it came with they are excellent. 

Got them in mine atm. Compared to the “whatever fits” bulbs it came with they are excellent. 
Any pics of them lit up in your headlamps ?
Yunii

I’ll see what I can rustle up. How they look in the lamps or the light on the ground?

I’ll see what I can rustle up. How they look in the lamps or the light on the ground?
Both

Ok. Not great shots of the headlights as it had difficulty focussing. 

First is the H7

Second is H7 + H1 (got night breaker laser H1’s too)

96E11C45-AD99-497B-B54B-384EF5701B10.jpeg

EB5D5C43-6614-40D7-BD7E-E6EEE44D6EE6.jpeg

• Like 1

On the road. 

First is dipped, second is full. 

I’ve got light brows fitted, but they don’t affect the beam pattern at all it seems. 

FDDEB213-D92D-4864-BA26-AA12D4104B78.jpeg

110F6B74-D01D-455E-97B8-5777D36126CF.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10. 1. 2018 at 5:38 PM, yunii said:

Thanks scorpionsx, i'll wait till you receive yours.
I want them for headlamp main driving beam. H7s.
Yunii

As promised, here's the "review". Received the N1-H7 bulbs from CN360 yesterday and fitted them right away. The good news is, that they fit very nicely in both stock reflector headlights and also in my aftermarket angel eyes projectors. You can close the lid on the headlights without issues even with the cable coming out of them right from the back, not through the side. So no issues with fitment at all. They use passive heatsink, so no moving parts which is nice and it doesn't get very hot after some time. I wouldn't worry about it in everyday usage. Colour is nice "pure white" without any blue-ish tint or anything, visibility seems to be very good with these. And, as mentioned before, with 25W, they will not be as strong to the opposite drivers. 

Now onto the main part, the light. In projector it is good. See on the pic attached below, it's only tested at home as I'm currently rebuilding the projectors, but you get the idea. 

IMG_20180122_161426.thumb.jpg.1b98d2713af404552a0e12bd1e799f77.jpg

In the stock reflectors the situation is a little bit different. On the picture you can see that the light output and the light line "break" seems to be good, however, in reality it's quite distorted on the top of the light. There is no visible "__/¯¯" pattern when I drive closer to the wall. 

IMG_20180122_165843.thumb.jpg.8fb709a7a05589e9a55bee463036502a.jpg

And here is stock halogen headlight pattern. Maybe also not perfect, I'm not sure if they are not alligned too close to each other in the middle, but the pattern is still the best here when I drive closer to the wall.

IMG_20180122_170742_HHT.thumb.jpg.0fbb12cc641c4253b6ea412fdc3cf155.jpg

So far I only tested these and it was really a quick test right after I got them. I'm planning to do some more testing, also with my friend's LEDs that he bought, which are also from the same brand, but a different model. I didn't have time to test those in my headlights yesterday. Also I will make better pics, in complete dark and with a better camera.

Hope this helps :wink:

TL;DR version: CN360 N1-H7 headlights. Good pattern in projectors, worse in reflectors. Good build quality, no extra heat, no blinding opposite traffic. Recommend for projectors.

• 1 year later...

Hi has anyone fitted Nighteye H7 bulb with fan, to there mk2.5 focus?