Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Gets Replaced?

byronwells

Alright guys

I am wondering if someone know this or not.. When I went and my servicing last year I got told my water pump was leaking...  However I could replace it now, or in two years time it will get automatically replaced when I have the CAT done due to the age of my age..  2011..  Now for the life of me I can not remember what the CAT stands for.. All I can remember it will cost for 400,,  I don't know if it's the timing belt, cat convertor or what??

Does anyone know??

Could it be the Cambelt? often it makes sense to change the pump at the same time - depending on your engine.

18 hours ago, byronwells said:

Alright guys

I am wondering if someone know this or not.. When I went and my servicing last year I got told my water pump was leaking...  However I could replace it now, or in two years time it will get automatically replaced when I have the CAT done due to the age of my age..  2011..  Now for the life of me I can not remember what the CAT stands for.. All I can remember it will cost for 400,,  I don't know if it's the timing belt, cat convertor or what??

Does anyone know??

What engine?  If it's like my 1.6 tdci diesel,  the timing belt drives the water pump.  I'm not sure i'd like the possibility of leaking coolant getting on the timing belt just in case it caused it to slip or something. I've never heard of CAT as timing belt but i'm no expert.  It's the water pump that makes me think it's the timing belt.  Might be worth getting the Timing belt & water pump done sooner to be on the safe side as it if breaks or slips, could be very costly indeed.  I've just had mine done and it cost £290 at an independent garage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club