Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Self-Service?

WannabeMechanic

Hi,

Since I'm not happy with how dealerships and shops deal with repair work here in Austria (bunch of frauds and scams going on) I'm considering servicing my Fiesta myself. It's a 2010 1.25L 60 HP straight 4 with around 42000ks on it (was an old ladies car wich I got around 3 years ago with 6000ks on it, she never really drove it), I'm sure you all know it :D. Now, I know how to do most of the mechanical work and am comfortable with reading my cars errors via the OBDII port, the only thing that bothers me is: I don't know what they do at each service rather than checking the oil, maybe the head gasket and scan it. Now here is my question: Does anyone know what has to be done at a yearly service of a fiesta? 

Thanks a lot. :D

Below is the full service schedule details for my Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost (2015), taken from Ford ETIS. Obviously, there are things on here that you don't need to do such as check the operation of the instrument gauges (I am sure you look at them every day!). Simply read through the list and do the major ones.

Driving Vehicle into Workshop
Instrument gauges, warning control lights and horn Check operation

Clutch Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Windscreen, washers, wipers Check operation and condition, if necessary adjust/repair/renew (separate order required)

Inside Vehicle
Exterior and respective control lights; instrument cluster illumination Check operation/condition

Handbrake Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Seat belts, buckles and stalks Check operation/condition

Odour filter Renew

Warning vest Check availability - if applicable

First aid kit Check availability and expiry date - if applicable

Warning triangle Check availability - if applicable

Outside Vehicle
Road (MOT) test Check regarding next road (MOT) test due date - if applicable

Emission test Check regarding next emission test due - if applicable

Under Hood
Wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Engine, vacuum pump, heater and radiator Check for damage and leaks

Coolant Check anti-freeze concentration: 1pix.gif °C

Coolant expansion tank, washer reservoirs and battery Check/top up fluid levels as necessary - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify

battery Visual check for leaks - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify (LTS 31 214 4)

Headlamp alignment Check - adjust alignment, if necessary
L
Brake fluid Check/top up fluid levels as necessary - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify

Under Vehicle
Engine Drain oil and renew oil filter

Steering, suspension linkages, ball joints, sideshaft joints, gaiters Check for damage, wear, security and rubber deterioration

Engine, transmission, rear axle Check for damage and leaks

Pipes, hoses, wiring, oil and fuel feed lines, exhaust Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Underbody Check condition of PVC coating

Tyres Check wear and condition, especially at tyre wall, note tread depth
RF 1pix.gif mm, LF 1pix.gif mm, LR 1pix.gif mm, RR 1pix.gif mm

Brake system With wheels on, check brake pads and discs for wear. Check rear brake drums - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify. (More often under severe duty conditions).

Outside Vehicle
Engine Refill engine oil. Reset the oil change indicator, if fitted

Tyres Adjust pressure

Instant mobility system Check best before date on tyre sealant - if applicable

Spare wheel Adjust pressure, check wear - condition (note tread depth)  
Tyre pressure monitoring system Adjust tyre pressures, reset - if applicable

Luggage compartment lamp Check operation - if applicable

service record and reminder sticker Update vehicle service record (Service book/Digital Service Record (DSR) and affix sticker to driver side B pillar)

Extended Period Maintenance
Brake system Every 2 years - Renew brake fluid (LTS 12 154 4)  
Air conditioning Every 3 years - Check temperature at the evaporator outlet tube. Check air conditioning lines for damage and leaks (LTS 34 619 1) (TSB 67/2002)  
Cooling system Every 10 years - Drain, flush and refill with Super Plus(LTS 24 122 4)  
Camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idlers Every 150 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 304 9 / 21 306 5)  
Auxiliary drive belts Every 150 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 567 5)  
Valve clearances Every 150 000 miles/10 years - Check. If adjustment is necessary, a separate order is required (LTS 21 213 5)

Extra Services and Additional Offers * (optional - upon customer request / charged separately)
AC maintenance package Air Conditioning (A.C.) system check. Apply A.C. cleaner to air distribution system. (LTS 54 552 4)  
Odour filter plus Upgrade odour filter to odour filter plus

Test Drive
Test drive Perform test drive after routine service
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow! Thanks so much da! It's going to be easier than I thought! 

In general, it's oil and filters every year/. Ideally brake fluid 2 years (many don't change this for much longer though), and spark plugs whilst you're there. Coolant changed every 4-5 years ish. Timing belt 100,000 miles (160,000km) or 8 years, whichever comes first.

I couldn't be bothered bringing up etis, so they're probably not what Ford say, but they're a good enough guide for any car really.

• Thanks 1

fords schedules are confusing. the 3 yr service used to be classed as a major service , brakes, filters plugs etc. but now classed as a minor service as brakes are checked with wheels off at 2 yrs, 4yrs etc and not 3yrs. so every service from 1st to 4th is different

• Thanks 1

Thanks ever so much guys :D 

You see with the spark plugs. I changed them myself just in the summer because at the service they never did. Turns out they were in the car since the beginning! I stumbled upon it because I had a missfire in the 4th cylinder. They were so old and brittle that the insulation broke and dropped over the cathode. :/ 

Thanks for all your help :) I think with you guys my fiesta will run for a long time :)