Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Sync 1.1 update / version

HPFruity

Hi, I have a 13 plate Focus 1.6 Automatic which I believe has Sync 1.1.

I've been looking all over for an update to it but only stumbled across the Indian site which no longer seems to accept UK VIN's.

Is anybody able to help me get my Focus to the latest version of 1.1 please?  I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks!

Sync 1.1 was introduced in 2014.

A 2013 Focus MK3 should have the SYNC 1.0 system.

The type of APIM (SYNC) module can be determined by the part number. SYNC 1.0 APIM modules have a part number that starts with AM5T- or BM5T-. SYNC 1.1 APIM modules have a part number that starts with D1BT-, E1BT or F1BT.

The latest available update for the SYNC 1.1 system is version V5.9 which was released over 2 Years ago. Later versions are also available but only from an official Ford dealer and a limited number of different APIM versions.

Your car has the SYNC 1.0 system.

• Like 1

Ah right, and looking at my screenshot above mine is AM5T.

Thanks for that!  Is there a newer version of 1 than I already have do you know?

The SYNC 1.0 system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. Ford stopped the support for this system about 4 Years ago. 

There are very few people who want to update the SYNC 1.0 system. Most Ford dealers charge rediculous money for updating the SYNC 1.0 system. A 2013 Focus with SYNC 1.0 should have one of the latest available software versions anyway. 

Upgrading to the SYNC 1.1 system by changing (and reprogramming) the APIM module will be much easier (and probably also be cheaper).

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The SYNC 1.0 system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. Ford stopped the support for this system about 4 Years ago. 

There are very few people who want to update the SYNC 1.0 system. Most Ford dealers charge rediculous money for updating the SYNC 1.0 system. A 2013 Focus with SYNC 1.0 should have one of the latest available software versions anyway. 

Upgrading to the SYNC 1.1 system by changing (and reprogramming) the APIM module will be much easier (and probably also be cheaper).

Thanks for your help, very useful.

Much obliged :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Hijacking this thread :) but seems the most relevant post.   I have just bought a 2011 Focus with what I believe is Sync 1 (twin blue info screens) .  I have updated the Nav maps via SD, but am interested in upgrading the APIM module  to 1.1 as per your suggestion JW.   Can you give me a few hints on where the APIM is housed, which number to note and which 1.1 APIM would work?   Can I damage the car by buying the wrong one from eBay?

Thanks

A 2011 Focus does not have the SYNC 1.0 system but the old (2nd generation) Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is not compatible with the newer SYNC 1.0 / 1.1 system. Modules, audio units (ACM) and displays (FCDIM) are not interchangeable between these different systems.

Thanks JW.  It is a Nov 11 model that appears to be the same as my son's 62 plate, in case that makes a difference.  Any point in getting to the latest Software ver?

Thanks anyway for the quick reply.  Great forum. 

Whether the car has Bluetooth/Voicecontrol or SYNC 1.0/1.1 cvan easily be identified by the radio remote.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor focus 2012 interior

A Bluetooth/Voicecontrol steering wheel has a radio remote that is similar to the Cruise Control switches.

mvKKOtr.jpg

A SYNC 1.0 / 1.1 steering wheel has the radio remote located at the right side of the airbag assembly.

The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system was superseded by the SYNC system in approximately December 2012. After a short period Ford stopped the support for the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Very early versions of the Focus MK3 did have the same Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module as the Focus MK2.5. This type of module can be updated by performing the Ford Audio Update from a USB drive. The latest available version of the Ford Audio Update was released in Novenber 2012. From approximately May 2012 to december 2012 Ford installed a newer type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. This type of module can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However as far as I am aware there is no recent software for this module also. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club