Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical problem

Glack69

I have a 2008 1.8 tdci zetec focus and only had it a few weeks.  It has the upgraded blaupunkt sat nav unit installed aswell. 

When I put the key in the ignition and turn the key it takes ages for the glow plug light to go out and after that goes off then the stereo engages to where I left off but I have to keep putting in the time and date every time I switch the car on which is really annoying. It's as if it resets itself every time I turn the car off. 

It resets all of the odometer readings (avg mpg, dist to empty, avg speed) but not the trip. I've also noticed that after I've locked the car the red alarm light doesn't flash either.

Please can someone help or shed some light on these problems as I can't find anything about this problem anywhere.

Thanks

I would say take the radio out, disconnect it and see if this cures the other problems, if so then the radio has not  been wired in properly.

Ok thanks I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on 

On Saturday gone I went shopping which the supermarket is only 10 minute drive away and the stereo was working fine. Came out of the supermarket an hour later turned the key and the radio didn't come on like it normally does and wouldn't turn on!

I checked all the fuses and none of them have blown, I even checked the one in the back if the radio and it was fine. I've checked all of the connections and they are fine.  

The radio still doesn't work and I'm stumped! I'e phoned ford and they want to charge £50 per hour to find the fault.

Has anyone any suggestions before I go to ford to try and find whats wrong with it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club