Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hello fiesta mk6 owners!!

56zetecS

hello all, specially you mk6 owners, I myself have a nice 'clean' little 56 plate zetec-S with 50k miles, I got 3 months ago as my first car (in my 30s ha) always been a massive ford fan, especially anything rally related. my aim is to make my lil motor a throwback tribute to the golden era of ford motorsport but still keeping the character of the mk6 which I love. Im working slowly but surely (with a tight budget) on this and hope to have a mean little motor at the end with a nice subtle rally look. anyone modifying a mk6 either visually or mechanically please get in touch if you feel you have any ideas or advice, its ALWAYS welcome. so far all that is done is visual, accessories and a nice retro look stereo. I have nice oldskool mudflaps but im waiting til I gain the courage to drill through the bodywork ha. my main plans for this year involve a subtle but nice sounding exhaust, and constructing/buying some more storage for over and around the handbrake (any tips, advice, do's-dont's, own experiences with either of these projects or any feedback or advice in general is welcomed always)

I hope you are all well and I look forward to getting in and about these forums :)

20171223_145011.jpg

20171017_155609.jpg

20.jpg

20171008_141500 (2).jpg

23 minutes ago, 56zetecS said:

hello all, specially you mk6 owners, I myself have a nice 'clean' little 56 plate zetec-S with 50k miles, I got 3 months ago as my first car (in my 30s ha) always been a massive ford fan, especially anything rally related. my aim is to make my lil motor a throwback tribute to the golden era of ford motorsport but still keeping the character of the mk6 which I love. Im working slowly but surely (with a tight budget) on this and hope to have a mean little motor at the end with a nice subtle rally look. anyone modifying a mk6 either visually or mechanically please get in touch if you feel you have any ideas or advice, its ALWAYS welcome. so far all that is done is visual, accessories and a nice retro look stereo. I have nice oldskool mudflaps but im waiting til I gain the courage to drill through the bodywork ha. my main plans for this year involve a subtle but nice sounding exhaust, and constructing/buying some more storage for over and around the handbrake (any tips, advice, do's-dont's, own experiences with either of these projects or any feedback or advice in general is welcomed always)

I hope you are all well and I look forward to getting in and about these forums :)

20171223_145011.jpg

20171017_155609.jpg

20.jpg

20171008_141500 (2).jpg

Good to see another mk6 fiesta zetec s owner👍. What engine does your have? 1.6 petrol or diesel? I have a mk6.5 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCi. You can check my project thread for any ideas. 

_20171114_201101.JPG

_20171120_113356.JPG

hello mate, banging little car, your making some real nice changes to it. loving the side indicators from the golf. will be following your progress with interest. especially the lights. my lights are really really poor. smoked my front fog lights out just to give me extra light on those country lanes when on dip beam. what sort of power does the tdci give you? mines is a petrol, searched for 7 months to find the colour, spec, mileage, service history etc I wanted. eventually seen this baby just outside Leicester and pounced all over it. its a proper clean little car inside and out. leather is immaculate. I seen your work on your seats, they came up real nice. as you can see all ive done so far is add a few custom vinyls and interior accessories, if you want to spruce up your interior a little bit I cant recommend the coloured vent surrounds enough as a cheap and effective upgrade. they look stunning. as you can tell im on a real tight budget (stereo system cost me a fair bit just before xmas) especially now I have heard the engine properly and have my heart set on a subtle exhaust upgrade :)  thanks for getting in touch mate, cant wait to follow your project.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2018 at 2:55 PM, 56zetecS said:

hello mate, banging little car, your making some real nice changes to it. loving the side indicators from the golf. will be following your progress with interest. especially the lights. my lights are really really poor. smoked my front fog lights out just to give me extra light on those country lanes when on dip beam. what sort of power does the tdci give you? mines is a petrol, searched for 7 months to find the colour, spec, mileage, service history etc I wanted. eventually seen this baby just outside Leicester and pounced all over it. its a proper clean little car inside and out. leather is immaculate. I seen your work on your seats, they came up real nice. as you can see all ive done so far is add a few custom vinyls and interior accessories, if you want to spruce up your interior a little bit I cant recommend the coloured vent surrounds enough as a cheap and effective upgrade. they look stunning. as you can tell im on a real tight budget (stereo system cost me a fair bit just before xmas) especially now I have heard the engine properly and have my heart set on a subtle exhaust upgrade :)  thanks for getting in touch mate, cant wait to follow your project.

No worries 👍 next upgrade im doing is Installing halo lights to the fog lens. These give out a white light and also a amber light which is used as part of the indicators. 

Yeah the side repeaters do look nice. It blends in with the black paint and looks though I've deleted it. Good to see you took your time searching for it. It didn't take me long to find this one. Only thing which upsets me with it is that the previous owner said he's done the clutch, water pump and timing belt and he said he'll send the paperwork of all the work he said was done but nothing turned up which doubts me to if he was lieing. Thankfully though the car has grown on me and managed to get all the injectors reconditioned as it used to run lumpy when started after being left for over 2 hours. Also came with HIDs and a built in USB port. Bodywork is immaculate apart from 4 dents. 

It's a nice size engine and pulls you back in all gears. This is my second car, my first car being a 1 litre Peugeot 107 so was a bit of a jump in power difference. I wanted something cheap to run as my Peugeot and something which looks sporty so came across this. 

Check out colourlock, I bought products from them to clean the leather on the seats. The driver seat I saw the most improvement. They sell leather cleaner, conditioner and a sealant which protects it from friction damage. 

I don't think I'll be touching the interior as the red dashboard kind of sets it off however I might get some stainless steel door sill protectors with the S badge on it. If you search on eBay there is a nice set of stainless steel door sill protectors for the mk6 zetec s. 

Lol I'm not sure with exhausts. I'd personally straight pipe it as you don't really get any drony or raspiness. With some diesels you'll get more of a diesel roar when it's straight piped. 

Don't know whever to change my stereo to the Sony one some of the fiestas came with. 

DSC_0017.JPG

Screenshot_20180116-212158.png