Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive shaft bearing

Jones93

Hi

I need to change my left side drive shaft on my 57 plate fiesta 1.6.

I am going to buy the full drive shaft but what I am asking is, is there a bearing where the shaft meats the gearbox or is that part of the kit? 

Thanks 

The is no replaceable bearing at the gearbox but you might wish to consider doing the seal while your there.

Thanks for the quick reply mate.  Got the haynes manual out trying to see what i need. when removing the seal do you need to replace the oil or is it just a spill over as such? Also the part needs replacing on the drive shaft is the spindle that goes into the engine, a lot of movement there, could i just change the cv joint with a kit or am i best of replacing the full lot?

THanks

the movement could be the gearbox part that the cv joint shaft slides into (the bearing or the splines). Not neccesarily the drive shaft/cv joint. hard to tell from what you say.  Might have to remove from the gearbox to inspect further.  what has caused you to find this  - adverse noise / clucning/ snatch on drive takeup?

To reduce oil loss when removing shaft from gearbox I would normally jack the car up a fair bit on the side you are working on so the oil flows more to the other side of the gearbox.

Support the car of course with more than just the jack.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club