Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice forum upgrade!

Michael P

Just seems to be slower - although I guess that might be a works server issue my end . . .

We have had a few issues with speed last few days.. its better today as I have done some optimisation to the mysql config file today and a good reboot as the server has had a 2 year uptime, so it was due for a reboot LOL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve

• bigjock

• Jonny87

• Michael P

it is still painfully slow has just taken 38 seconds for one page to load, not good.

Nice forum upgrade , will take some getting used to but well done

Only comments so far, if not already highlighted.

1. Thicker line between pinned and active forums

2. The timing of new posts seems to be out of sync by about an hour

3. Very slow to load

Cheers.......

To be honest i think i looks cheap and nasty!

Really puts my off coming on because it looks cheap!

Sorry guys!

I'm sorry to say, but it really looks cheap :(

Why did you change it :huh:

First time i've been on since around 5.00pm last night and its noticeably faster now :)

Well, i've not been on in a couple of days and was a newbie then! Came on just now and thought i'd got the wrong forum! lol! I like the looks and speed isn't an issue for me at present.

Mark

Could just be me but i cant seem to get the Add link and picture tabs to work. Or add emotions from the list

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sorted

seems to be running a good bit faster now :)

Ok cool we will look at that.. cheers

Hi there Steve,

Noticed last night that you had sorted out the text box issue in the profile section and there was a scroll bar (instead of it overlapping). But this afternoon I have noticed it has gone back to the way it was before.

Also there still seems to be no link box or option to view full size in the gallery still.

However I'm noticing all of the tweaks that you have been making and it's all coming along nicely. Keep up the good work :)

Btw, at present the site seems to be quite speedy. Not sure if there is a reason for this or if it will become slow again later

Cheers,

Jon

Hi there Steve,

Noticed last night that you had sorted out the text box issue in the profile section and there was a scroll bar (instead of it overlapping). But this afternoon I have noticed it has gone back to the way it was before.

Also there still seems to be no link box or option to view full size in the gallery still.

However I'm noticing all of the tweaks that you have been making and it's all coming along nicely. Keep up the good work :)

Btw, at present the site seems to be quite speedy. Not sure if there is a reason for this or if it will become slow again later

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon

Sorry, we are fixing back that issue, we forgot to also change the development forum, so when we did some changes earlier the CSS code was overwritten.

We have improved a lot of the fonts too.

Suprising how much time this takes up.

The server speed may be down to a few things, I cannot tell in the day time as the server is not under any pressure, but we did noticed these boards are slightly slower than other boards we have even in the day time, I re-indexed part of the fordoc database as there were a few errors, plus optimised the apache server and Mysql. Tuning a server can take a while to get it right, so it could take a few days to wort fully.

Plus we think a peice of software installed caused too many queries, so this will help out too.

I will tinker with it over the weekend.

it doesnt help being hammered by search engine bots spidering all my sites at once. Website changes make google excited!

I don't like it :(

(is it possible i can change a setting to get the old one back?)

I don't like it :(

(is it possible i can change a setting to get the old one back?)

good question, can i downgrade , this new one disagrees with my eyes, the colour scheme is terrible to look at im affraid

I really don't like either :( why 'fix' what's not broken :(

Sorry to all who like, and no disrespect, but it hurts my eyes also, the text is far too small, and the colour scheme is a little bit meh.

I find it harder to navigate too, maybe it's still a work in progress, but I would like to see the 'Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums >' section bolder, as I found it hard to spot it at first, and was having to use the back button to get back to the Fiesta forum to view topics :lol:

Other than this, it's working a lot faster today! :)

the centre text box looks not much differnt to the last one. I have made a comparison and there is hardly any difference. Maybe one shade difference.

Monday I will have the text area darkened slightly.

There is no rollback. We are progressing further with the software, it is needed. The old forums will soon be unsupported and so makes the forums insecure.

Yes the forum has totally different functions, some really nice. And people do need to learn their way round. Sites change over time. We would get complaints if we did'nt. So sorry, we cannot please everyone, but I will try my blimmin best to get it near.

Seems like i'm in the minority of those who actually like change!!

I much, much prefer the new layouts, much fresher and more professional looking. Speed is as it was before and its become a nicer place to be, in my own opinion of course! :)

i have been managing car club boards for over 9 years, many changes and most people don't like change, i remember when everyone went nuts on facebook when facebook changed their scheme. I loved it.

As the skin is bespoke to us we are aware that it will need tweaking, give it a couple of weeks and it should be looking good.

We then want to work on the front end of the website, to Ford OC can have depth and grow in to a feature rich owners club. We have some really cool things to come, you'll all enjoy it.

if anyone has a good request weather its colours or layout issues then please post them here

I agree, it's just like the whole Facebook fiasco... But you get that with everything, you get settled in to a certain style and when it changes it's annoying having to relearn how to use the site.

But it looks nicer than the old default IPB theme, just means I'll have to spend a day or two finding out where things are.

My only niggle: can you change it so that external links open in a new window?

Nothing wrong with change, just that people would like the change to be better, at the moment, it isn't. it's as simple as that really.

I dont mind ,change but not just for change sake, and i agree with Abbie and Keith,its not working that well and the layout,and font size isnt good and the colours especially are dreadful,more like grey and white very hard on the eyes,retrograde step in my humble opinion, sorry guys,I know you work hard to keep it fresh,but i for one cant look at the screen for more than a few seconds,and then have to look away,not for me ime afraid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club