Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gel Overlays.....again!

Jon Bhoy

Hi all,

Doing a "Project Black" on my silver Zetec S as i may be going into the detailing world so wanting to use the car as a practice pieces.Im trying to keep it subtle while i change the badges over from the blue and chrome front and rear,the red "S" on the sides and the grille,the steering while blue and chrome,a red steering wheel decal,wheel badges and the blue start button to make them all a black and chrome/silver as i think it will look good on the silver car.

Now heres the problem!I have got the wheel badges,the side and grille "S",the steering wheel decal etc but cant get the front and rear badges,steering wheel badges or start button . I have tried the following:

DMB Graphics who used to be the ones to go to but Fords told them to stop.

eBay there are two sellers at the moment,one doesnt do silver/chrome and the other advertises Ford Focus badges but has no idea what sizes he has (Hmmmm no ta!).

Motormodz have heard a few horror stories of long waits or no contacts which is never a good sign :-(

So wondered if anyone knows any folks that do them that they may have met up at meet up's etc as im starting to panic i wont get it looking the way i want . And after doing an oil change and seeing a fair few bits of metal that are larger than id like im hoping someone could end my week on a positive lol.

Many thanks folks,any help would be fantastic.

18 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

http://www.customdecals.co.uk/create-your-own-gel-badge-overlay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sadly i dont believe they do Ford emblems.I am sure i saw a waarning orders would be cancelled if the ford emblem was asked for :-( Thanks though Stoney,this is turning into a tough one lol

26 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

There are plenty available on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Theres two main sellers and as i say,no luck with either either colour combo (No idea why !) and the other guy i never heard back from .

On 1/12/2018 at 7:46 PM, Freddy42 said:

I've used Motormodz twice with no problems.

Cheers Freddy,thats reassuring as it looks like i might have to give them a try . Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Im Talking to someone about silver gel overlays, I’ll keep everyone informed of how that goes on!

hes currently trying to do some digging into the DMB silver backing

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Im Talking to someone about silver gel overlays, I’ll keep everyone informed of how that goes on!

hes currently trying to do some digging into the DMB silver backing

I managed to get an amazing set in the end . Black backing with chrome. Got them done by Ryan @Gelbadges . Far cheaper than Motormodz and way better customer service . I am doing a revamp of the car with badges and alloys being revamped as well as full detailing i will be doing so pics will follow :-)

• Like 1

Good to see pics. My rear badge chrome plating is chipped / tarnished - do the gel badges cover that too or would I be better off just getting s new badge (although I’d like black chrome like you have).  

2 hours ago, Simon_K said:

Good to see pics. My rear badge chrome plating is chipped / tarnished - do the gel badges cover that too or would I be better off just getting s new badge (although I’d like black chrome like you have).  

If its the chrome plating surrounding the badge you will need a new chrome surround.The overlay will only cover the whole area of the blue in the badge mate.

• Like 1

Ford did have a scheme for a while that allowed cars up to a certain age to have replacement badges fitted free but that ended in 2016.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Simon_K said:

Aah cool, thanks for the reply. 

Very welcome.I might get my badges on this weekend but still need to do paint correction and redo alloys but will give you an idea.Stay tuned ;-)

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club