Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint defect

mikeyd1

Anyone know what this is. It looks like rust but no broken paint it's on the sill of my mums 66 plate fiesta

0122018143747.jpg

not sure. has this appeared in the time she had the car or was there when she got it - how long ago?  whereabouts on the sill, the upper part - like the door step which gets covered when the door is closed or lower where it gets the weather and road dirt.

could it have been bits of dirt on the car when it was originally sprayed and so the dirt is trapped under the paint

• Like 1

Hi. 

Not sure if it's been there all along. But I don't think in was. Not certain tho. It's on the lower part of sill where you get the odd scuff from your shoes, amd when the doors closef ypu camt see it. it's further towards the front of car tho I would say about 3 inches away from the middle of sill of drivers door.

It looks like a 20p piece to me.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it looks like a lump in the powder paint when it was applied at the factory. if so I'm sure it would be covered under warranty as it could only be a manufacturing defect.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club