Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Mainbeam

bluepeter

Since I changed mine to right hand traffic I’ve been flashed less by oncoming traffic so presumably its better for them with the lower beam pattern. It doesnt seem to have made any noticeable difference when on full beam with no oncoming traffic and no streetlights as still get a good spread of light to see where I’m going. 

My two posts above give a definitive answer, sadly it seems it wasn't the definitive answer people were looking for.

H

• Like 1

I know this is for a Focus ST, but this YouTube video shows the effect of the beam patterns between Left and Right selection. Can't those with adaptive lighting do the same test against a wall/hedge/garage door and post for everyone. Which ever one you select, you want the one that gives the lower beam pattern on the side of the oncoming traffic regardless of what 'terminology' has been used!!

You’ve just put a spanner in the works there Simon.  This goes against Hamster’s ‘definitive’ answer.  😳

The above being said, it needed a visual demonstration, as both camp’s opinions had logic and merit.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Hamster said:

My two posts above give a definitive answer, sadly it seems it wasn't the definitive answer people were looking for.

H

If your answer is definitive can you explain why a uk dealer supplied 17 plate Kuga is set to traffic = left please?

You can see from the video it's left hand traffic.

Hamster, in your first post the only mention of left or right traffic setting was the first line under the first table and you called it "right hand and left hand traffic" yourself. When you talk about what side traffic drives on in a country, we say e.g. left for the UK, AUS etc. Right for USA, Europe etc. We don't describe it as oncoming traffic is right in UK etc., well I don't know anybody who does.

I can't remember the title of the setting in the Edge but even in the Focus there, it's titled "Traffic" not "Oncoming Traffic".

The very helpful and informative technical explanation of the adaptive headlamps that Hamster posted also actually says "...which can be used for vehicles in both right-hand and left-hand traffic". The relevant word here is in. I.e is the vehicle in traffic on the left or the right. I would suggest that in the UK you are always in traffic on the left.

Well it does for me anyway, of course other opinions are equally valid.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, Edge of Reason said:

You’ve just put a spanner in the works there Simon.

Oooops! 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club