Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just serviced, few "recommendations" :(

DaveRushton

Just had the car serviced (Anyone in that needs one check on Fords website and they are offering servicing for £118) and they have noted the following;

OS Inner Cv boot split & leaking grease

&

Slight oil leak from OS driveshaft seal

Quoted me around £250 for each issue, seems a tad excessive to me?

Also my rear indicator bulbs are "showing white" so i need to find which bulbs i need for those.

Lastly my 3 week old disks are showing surface corrosion.....

Not exactly any major issues, but £500 for 2 small leaks seems way to expensive.

£250 to fit an inner boot, replace a seal and top up the gearbox oil? I’d see what your local independent can do. 

As usual Main Dealers trying to rip people off....I suspect that the "slight leak" will be just that and will not NEED changing and driveshaft boots are usually less than £20 for the part but you are looking at a couple of hours labour to change it. I would try a local garage who should be able to do it for circa £100 including the new boot !!

£250 for replacement cv boot ?? lol , they really know how to pull your pants down :-D

and wait till your next mot to be informed as to whether the driveshaft leak is worthy of repair

as for the rusty discs , well bare metal will start to surface oxidize 10 minutes after getting wet so i wouldnt worry too much

A couple of hours to fit?

you could fit the boot and seal, top up the oil in less than an hour lol.

Yeah i thought as much, messaged a local guy who does it all out the back of his van, ordered some chrome indicator bulbs also :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club