Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 - Problem

mastachaz

Hi

I just purchased Ford Focus MK3 - Facelift ( Titanium model) - 65Reg
With Sync 2 , car has all options like ambient lighting

But in Sync Menu on Vehicle option I dont have nothing else then Valeting mode , I saw on youtube there should be option like set up color of ambient lighting etc.

like on this video :

Could Anyone help me what is wrong ?

Valet mode is set by a self selected pin code that is chosen every time it is activated.
Either the previous owner put it on and forgot or has been a tool and done it on purpose.
As to ambient lights, on a Focus you can't change colours - it's just on or off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My old 2016 Focus Ti X (Sync 2) had ambient lighting but it was adjusted via a switch (to toggle colours) and dial (brightness) located  on the roof console near the glasses holder.  There was no option in the Sync 2 menu to change this,

On my 2017 Focus Ti X (Sync 3) ambient lighting is adjusted via the Sync 3 menus but manual roof console switches are no longer there.

right I dont have toogle on roof console , color its red and car its red as well.

but why there is only 1 option for titanium model.

26 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

right I dont have toogle on roof console , color its red and car its red as well.

but why there is only 1 option for titanium model.

I'm not 100% but I suspect on past models years the multi-colour ambient lighting was specific to the Ti X models.

2 minutes ago, avi said:

I'm not 100% but I suspect on past models years the multi-colour ambient lighting was specific to the Ti X models.

right maybe , this is stupid they made so many lines , style zetec titanium titanium x , st line etc. bleeeeee

7 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

right maybe , this is stupid they made so many lines , style zetec titanium titanium x , st line etc. bleeeeee

I agree it's a pain because Ford also add/remove things from the spec and it can be hard to know what's what.

Ford ETIS is probably the best way to confirm the exact spec for a given car as this will list the option fitted at factory for a specific VIN number.   

If you car has it ETIS should list "Multi Colour Ambient LED Lighting" in the features list.

3 minutes ago, avi said:

I agree it's a pain because Ford also add/remove things from the spec and it can be hard to know what's what.

Ford ETIS is probably the best way to confirm the exact spec for a given car as this will list the option fitted at factory for a specific VIN number.   

If I give you VIN can you help me with that somehow ?

Just now, mastachaz said:

If I give you VIN can you help me with that somehow ?

You can do it yourself. Just go to http://www.etis.ford.com and register for free.  Once registered you can enter your VIN and off you go. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, avi said:

You can do it yourself. Just go to http://www.etis.ford.com and register for free.  Once registered you can enter your VIN and off you go. 

I know but I dont know how check this there :)

12 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

I know but I dont know how check this there :)

Dead easy - On ETIS  select the "Vehicle Lookup" tab, then enter your vin and you will get a vehicle summary screen. On the right of the screen you will see a section with primary and minor "features".  Just click on the "+" symbol on the minor features and it will list all the factory options fitted. You need to be registered and  logged in to ETIS to see this level of detail.

If that's too hard just cost your vin and I'll copy the options and post. ;)

Vehicle Lookup

Titanium X was the only model listed in the July 2014 brochure, as having Multi-Colour Lighting, with a choice of 7 colours. The ambient lighting controls are situated on the overhead console.

The standard Titanium only had orange ambient lighting.

19 minutes ago, YOG said:

Titanium X was the only model listed in the July 2014 brochure, as having Multi-Colour Lighting, with a choice of 7 colours. The ambient lighting controls are situated on the overhead console.

The standard Titanium only had orange ambient lighting.

I have red not orange , and car its first registered on  2014 but from november so its first facelift wich was 2015 model I think

1 hour ago, avi said:

Dead easy - On ETIS  select the "Vehicle Lookup" tab, then enter your vin and you will get a vehicle summary screen. On the right of the screen you will see a section with primary and minor "features".  Just click on the "+" symbol on the minor features and it will list all the factory options fitted. You need to be registered and  logged in to ETIS to see this level of detail.

If that's too hard just cost your vin and I'll copy the options and post. ;)

Vehicle Lookup

Thanks mate , Yes i know that I mean wich option I should look for. :)

As already said. Only the Tit x have the function to change colour in ambient lighting. My 2016 Tit only has the single Red colour.

On 15.01.2018 at 7:37 AM, Joss max said:

As already said. Only the Tit x have the function to change colour in ambient lighting. My 2016 Tit only has the single Red colour.

yeah i know now , red for red car its not bad but im sure will be boring after time.

thank you all for help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club