Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tension on belt

Sheppy84

Hi there. Long time viewer first time poster.

Come across an issue when changing my alternator. I can't figure out how to release the tension to get the belt all back on and tight.

I've googled it and tried various things but just can't figure it out. I've attached a pic of the bit I think I should be using.

It's a ford focus 2.0 diesal 2005.

20180113_164730.jpg

Hi mate. 

I changed my alternator this morning, i loosened the small pulley just to the right and up from the aircon unit ( bottom right) as you look into wheel arch. Hope this helps 

6 minutes ago, Mattysw said:

Hi mate. 

I changed my alternator this morning, i loosened the small pulley just to the right and up from the aircon unit ( bottom right) as you look into wheel arch. Hope this helps 

The nut inside the wheel?

Yeah, itll go pretty loose before coming off, should be enough to get belt back over

Anticlockwise, thats how i did it. But others may know another way, but i found it quick that way. 

Got it. Thank you. Had to take it off as couldn't do it on the car. Bolted back on and released and jobs a good'un 

Thanks mate 👍👍

17 hours ago, Sheppy84 said:

Got it. Thank you. Had to take it off as couldn't do it on the car. Bolted back on and released and jobs a good'un 

Thanks mate 👍👍

No probs, glad i could help 👍👍