Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK7 Fiesta

Gommy

Ain't that going to make the car really loud again? 

21 hours ago, zain611 said:

Ain't that going to make the car really loud again? 

My mate has a decat, straight pipe to an st back box and it sounds better than a backbox delete.

Had the car back since 4:30 and damn they’re done a good job! Sounds sporty, not stupidly loud but pops and bangs again and doesn’t even drone down the motorway at 80.

Makes the Decat sound sporty but not stupid!

few pictures of the work done:

CE4F2315-69FD-4E23-82AC-33BDA2CF005B.thumb.jpeg.72ba7b8cf10d6e9b3bcff4cb8276adf8.jpeg

2EBD8AD0-611C-4223-88CE-1D8C00B39A5C.thumb.jpeg.e0770bf31b76f37275bd94f374e09cde.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like this proves my thought that straight piping is good (or even better) than buying an aftermarket exhaust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Looks like this proves my thought that straight piping is good (or even better) than buying an aftermarket exhaust. 

I mean it has its moments where it still sounds a tad raspy but very rarely. But once I get a pop and bang mod, it’ll hopefully fix anything left wrong with the exhaust.

14 hours ago, Gommy said:

I mean it has its moments where it still sounds a tad raspy but very rarely. But once I get a pop and bang mod, it’ll hopefully fix anything left wrong with the exhaust.

Yeah I think if I ever think about touching the exhaust on my car I'd probably go with straight piping. It's good though to have you experience on it as its hard picking the right exhaust. Id want the car to have a more throaty sound but not raspy. 

I'm sure with the pops and bangs you can get a map that let's that happen more. You don't have really have much restrictions except the backbox which is good for hearing the bangs more. See if there is a map which allows the ECU to dump extra fuel at mid to high revs as this may not make it annoying hearing it everyday when your driving it normally at low revs. 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:03 AM, zain611 said:

Yeah I think if I ever think about touching the exhaust on my car I'd probably go with straight piping. It's good though to have you experience on it as its hard picking the right exhaust. Id want the car to have a more throaty sound but not raspy. 

I'm sure with the pops and bangs you can get a map that let's that happen more. You don't have really have much restrictions except the backbox which is good for hearing the bangs more. See if there is a map which allows the ECU to dump extra fuel at mid to high revs as this may not make it annoying hearing it everyday when your driving it normally at low revs. 

Yeah, the cars got a tad raspier today but not bad. It does still sound great, and not overly loud either. 

Will be getting my remap in August as I want to make sure this system is what I’m going for! Otherwise I’m looking at Miltek.

I'm not sure about miltek. The cars I've heard with a miltek exhaust sound raspy but comes down to the engine. The mk6 fiesta ST for example sounds raspy with the miltek exhaust. 

18 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm not sure about miltek. The cars I've heard with a miltek exhaust sound raspy but comes down to the engine. The mk6 fiesta ST for example sounds raspy with the miltek exhaust. 

Drive again today and sounds a tad more raspier but still not annoying enough to change it. Hoping the pop and bang mod will cut that out, so I don’t hear the raspyness as much

24 minutes ago, Gommy said:

Drive again today and sounds a tad more raspier but still not annoying enough to change it. Hoping the pop and bang mod will cut that out, so I don’t hear the raspyness as much

Drive it for a couple of days to a month. Hopefully then the exhaust will settle and won't decide when to change noise. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 1:28 PM, zain611 said:

Drive it for a couple of days to a month. Hopefully then the exhaust will settle and won't decide when to change noise. 

Yeah, a week on and it’s got a tad raspy but still doesn’t drone! 

Suits me fine, loud over 3/3.5k+ revs and quiet on the motorway. Just have to see in a few weeks time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly the exhaust has changed for the worst and now sounds like a tin can. Between 2-2.5k revs it sounds horrible, part from that, I’m looking to go to EMP and get a performance back box made to sound sporty again but keep the loud pops and bangs.

also went to shutter gang oxford meet.

*also pinstriped my eyebrows and splitters.4E2252F8-20B1-4ACC-AB6C-B80AEEFC049A.thumb.jpeg.f3d102fbe59a90ab78f6b8a6dbf98237.jpeg

FA04191F-4751-430B-AF8F-1BAC8CBEF8E1.jpeg.7ff3f801f49ff25cac877d57e3ce94c1.jpeg

3387E020-F033-4BA5-B5AC-7695F5C82EA1.jpeg.3a4d31f7afbb3a3d560bad5949ebdc5b.jpeg

5165BECD-DD59-41BB-B0C0-41A1390411C9.jpeg

• Like 1

Making the week even worse.. avoiding a pot hole and snapped my side valance off after hitting the curb.

Going to Essex to get it fitted back on tonight.

208DB98A-B413-469B-A789-4123F38E7B42.thumb.jpeg.0ab692a0470913de9bc073c0e8cca257.jpeg9107D193-AB4F-44E2-9A75-553294E1C8F8.thumb.jpeg.22f8c47167f64b2f0d88252cbfc87913.jpeg89BD94CD-266F-454E-8819-5859246DB701.thumb.jpeg.235f11425056c3d6f576a1a154d8f6c8.jpeg

• Sad 1

I know how that feels 😢. I once accidentally misjudged the angle of a roundabout making me mount the kurb a bit quickly. Thankfully it only scraped the little splitter under the bumper. 

If you go anywhere new or somewhere your not used to take extra care and keep an eye out for road signs and speed cameras. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 12:25 PM, zain611 said:

I know how that feels 😢. I once accidentally misjudged the angle of a roundabout making me mount the kurb a bit quickly. Thankfully it only scraped the little splitter under the bumper. 

If you go anywhere new or somewhere your not used to take extra care and keep an eye out for road signs and speed cameras. 

Yeah I’ve learnt my lesson. The skirts back on, engine light (o2 sensor) has been mapped out and tire pressures done.

Looking at getting a mongoose section 59 system as my car now sounds awful!!

skirt back on:

AB50985F-2EB1-41D2-A4A3-2879B89443F9.thumb.jpeg.ec9a1ea2445e17d55ed20c3f017e774a.jpeg

• Like 1

Bad luck aside... just ordered tonight, time to get rid of that awful tin can noise!

37270D21-486D-4081-B85B-631585EB0E0E.thumb.png.9fffe68df41d3b169d40b74e35db674d.png

• Like 1

Exhaust has been delivered today (very fast delivery too!), and the cars just been dropped off for the exhaust to be fitted.

collecting the car at 6 tonight so will grab a few videos after.

Got the car back! My mates done an excellent job fitting the system and god it sounds fantastic. Sporty and deep, and when you put your foot down it sounds incredible. 

Need a new diffuser as I cut mine to make the st back box fit:

E29065C8-C6F3-40F0-BBB7-BA296BE2FEF5.thumb.jpeg.1825b61369b0b0bbb9cd00f612dcb91e.jpeg

Videos my mate sent me before I collected it:

https://streamable.com/nan62

https://streamable.com/vrdn3

• Like 1

Does the exhaust look like it's drooping down? Sounds good and has a nice little roar to it. Hopefully this will be the last exhaust you buy. Must of been a pain looking for the right sound. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Does the exhaust look like it's drooping down? Sounds good and has a nice little roar to it. Hopefully this will be the last exhaust you buy. Must of been a pain looking for the right sound. 

Yeah, it’s meant to sit lower than the mk7.5 honeycomb diffuser but I cut mine so it looks lower than it should be!

ill have one soon so it doesn’t look out of place.

yeah, extremely fed up with the exhaust shopping now. Glad it’s done!

• Like 1

Issue after issue now!!

had the car 2 cars since getting the exhaust done, driving to work this morning my car suddenly lost power, now won’t accelerate over 40mph and cuts power at 40.

possible limp mode, but can’t see any leaks or anything?

So the error was turbocharger wastegate solenoid which is now fixed and runs fine.

however, going to get stage 1 remap at NKE Performance tomorrow with my 02 and lambda sensors mapped out with pop and bang add on.

At least you found the problem. Is there any supporting mods you need for the remap? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

At least you found the problem. Is there any supporting mods you need for the remap? 

Only stage 1, and pop and bang only needs a Decat and cat back exhaust which I have! 

Got my stage 1 map with pop and bang and sounds fantastic, pops for a good 5 seconds after high rev only. Drives and pulls so much better, like a different car.

However my actuator is stuck, fixing it now, hence why no boost. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club