Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK7 Fiesta

Gommy

3 hours ago, Gommy said:

However my actuator is stuck, fixing it now, hence why no boost. 

Car is now fixed, the map has set my 1st and 2nd gear to pull quicker, and god it makes a difference! So nice to have the car running as it should again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

About time I update this thread...

so since last Friday my car has had no boost. The map did not fix it. Nothing has.

Booked Friday off and after a 350 mile round trip, the car has full boost again.

my first issue was a faulty Turbosmart 50/50 recirc valve which is stuck shut and wouldn’t open, also smoke coming from it... so I had my standard recirc valve fitted which 80% fixed the problem. (4 garages I went to Friday and all of them couldn’t say a good word out Turbosmart recirc valve!)

But once the car got up to 70mph it would lose boost, turns out on my vacuum line to the pump where I had my Decat fitted the guy split the black plastic part on the pump and used silicone to stick it back on.. not helpful, and never told me!

The boost control valve then failed and was not giving correct boost and boost was leaking through the broken plastic. So I bought a new boost control valve and replaced the pump.

the car is now running 110% like it was, with NKE Performance stage 1+ map with pop and bang add on which sounds awesome!

its been a headache and a up and down week but good to have the car back to full strength and running right.

also went to Dunstable for Car Culture UK meet and had this picture sent to me:

B9C04808-A560-48B2-82CB-50C72A72DDC8.thumb.jpeg.7d7bd669dd67ab6a52970a89e5f01402.jpeg

• Like 1

good to hear the car is all fixed fella and loving that pic

• Like 1

9 hours ago, b4zz said:

good to hear the car is all fixed fella and loving that pic

Cheers mate, time to leave it alone now!

14 hours ago, Gommy said:

Cheers mate, time to leave it alone now!

sounds like a good plan as it is now working you don't want to have it break again lol

• Like 1

The not modifying my car anymore lasted all of two days...

just ordered Autobeam ambient ring 2 with grille strip(while the promotion lasted!), as I can’t stand the ambient fogs only working when ignition is on, so that should add some colour to the car at car meets!

also ordering this month:

- CP torque/engine mount (been told this is a must to stop Decat cracking)

- Rear Spats

- 4 piece canard set

Im also going to attempt to wrap my headlights this weekend, if it turns out rubbish I’m just going to an official garage but gotta try these things yourself!

busy month ahead, will try to update as I go!

118BC955-99C1-4499-B1E5-4FB33A08CB02.jpeg

• Like 1

Lol I've kind of stopped with modding 😂. Planning on painting the front calipers gloss black as the rear is painted. Thinking might get the switchback H11 fog lights from autobeam. Might also fit an underseat sub. Was planning on a remap but I'd doubt it if I have to keep the car for 2 years if the ultra low emissions zones come to London. 

18 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I've kind of stopped with modding 😂. Planning on painting the front calipers gloss black as the rear is painted. Thinking might get the switchback H11 fog lights from autobeam. Might also fit an underseat sub. Was planning on a remap but I'd doubt it if I have to keep the car for 2 years if the ultra low emissions zones come to London. 

Haha yeah, il do these then stop I think.

sounds good mate, but yeah emissions does make it more difficult now.

Yeah I really want to keep the car for several years not 2 years. Might go for a 320 or 325i BMW. I've just done close to 3000 miles a year so running costs hopefully won't be much if I do that sort of mileage. 

Shame garage hiding problem that never told you. You should sue them next time but your fiesta looking nicely.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, Uncle Tommy said:

Shame garage hiding problem that never told you. You should sue them next time but your fiesta looking nicely.

Unfortunately it wasn’t garage. It was guy privately working at his house that messaged me on Facebook saying he could fit my Decat cheaper than the quoted price I had from a garage. I’ve learned my lesson now!

And thanks, pretty pleased where the cars at now!

So while enjoying giving boost again, my Autobeam ambient rings 2 arrived and installed them Monday, also have the grille kit coming when it’s back in stock.

video - https://streamable.com/z9lj7

Next mods at the end of the month:

torque mount, canards and rear spats.

Also going to tigerseal my spoiler lip down.

• Like 1

Not too big of a fan of colour changing lights but they must look good in the night. I really want to get the switchback H11 fogs. I'd probably hardly use the yellow light but would be helpful if ever it gets foggy 

Gave it a go myself and wrapped my front headlights with medium smoke tint, also put my eyebrows back on!

Girlfriend approves of the the halos too!

16584374-BCA7-42B2-97B9-F27B01D83DC9.thumb.jpeg.951b4460a5cbfeb60988008ce2a8f11d.jpeg

Eyebrow and tint against basic light:

322531FC-D2D4-4E5A-AC5E-16A857894CAB.thumb.jpeg.337e7759a8036d46303539ddb3ca0fe1.jpeg

• Like 1

That's a good job on the wrap 👍. The eyebrows and red pinstripe now go well with the darker looking headlights. The tints also look decent at that darkness. 

loving the tint on the lights fella and loving the changing ambient lights. like the sound of the other mods planed

21 hours ago, zain611 said:

That's a good job on the wrap 👍. The eyebrows and red pinstripe now go well with the darker looking headlights. The tints also look decent at that darkness. 

Thanks, it came out better than I thought! Yeah definitely looks a lot better now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, b4zz said:

loving the tint on the lights fella and loving the changing ambient lights. like the sound of the other mods planed

Thanks mate, all coming along good now. New mods will be done by end of August.

4 hours ago, Gommy said:

Thanks mate, all coming along good now. New mods will be done by end of August.

look forward to seeing the update end of august beginning of September then

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Busy day spending, updates to come.. TRC diffuser apparently has a 4-5 week wait!

52895616-2A1C-4DEC-A561-6E3694657B38.thumb.png.e1b5522991173733cf25fe4e910155cb.png

49A3BD39-7084-4577-9C3E-CBF05F0AF005.thumb.png.891f2f6eb1e69e6dde3f0ef26a57bda1.png

AC255133-6B1E-4B6D-B4D3-BE48ADDECA39.thumb.png.5d088c55b479424bafa1818251ce74cb.png

Unfortunately TRC diffuser was refunded as the wait is too long and TRC can’t make enough with the demand. So I’m looking at an ST diffuser.

My Autobeam grille kit has come in a day, and to me looks great, even if the top grille was an absolute pain to take out!

https://streamable.com/annz2

will get a video in the dark tonight.

So I went to record the grille strip last night but my phone app couldn’t detect the bluetooth box.. Autobeam having great customer service.. turns out I had to take the in-line fuse out and put it back in, will get the video tonight!

due to the TRC diffuser being refunded, ordered an ST180 diffuser from SCC instead:

35EA0F76-84D1-49CD-BF0B-BEDDB1842637.thumb.png.33d3c0e4502f84b8f2b3376332c44bc4.png

• Like 1

cant wait to see the rear diffuser fitted fella and will make a difference to the back end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

cant wait to see the rear diffuser fitted fella and will make a difference to the back end

Definitely mate! With the rear splitters too should look great, up to 20 days for delivery though!

Had the whole front working last night:

946EA6F0-DE51-40E8-82B0-64CDDC801FC7.thumb.jpeg.6bea2363b9a0d0a174e207d329fc0dae.jpeg

https://streamable.com/xk298

https://streamable.com/ntt25

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club