Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford ka

tracysmith64

Hi , looking for advice please. Just bought above mention car , couple of issues with it. Firstly my mileage keeps flashing , dealer said new battery had been fitted , is this the reason why ? Also I can’t get my bluetooth to pair with , is this model voice activated , it does seem to do anything. Thanks Tracy 

5 hours ago, tracysmith64 said:

Hi , looking for advice please. Just bought above mention car , couple of issues with it. Firstly my mileage keeps flashing , dealer said new battery had been fitted , is this the reason why ? Also I can’t get my Bluetooth to pair with , is this model voice activated , it does seem to do anything. Thanks Tracy 

Seems the KA has a FIAT build under the Ford badge

It needs to be proxy aligned at a garage. 1 hours labour tops, takes 20mins.

Google FIAT mileage flashing.

• Like 1

Indeed, its a Fiat 500 with much improved ride.  Good skills on spotting the solution.

I'd take it back to the dealer and tell him to fix it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Today is 25/10, on 16/10 my mileage started flashing (65 plate Ka), I Googled it and read it's a common Fiat fault, it's this, it's that ... Today, the battery was dead, last used Ka 2 days ago with no issues, £120 for a new stop - start battery and hey presto, good as new, so firmly believe flashing mileage on a Ka is first sign of new battery needed

5 hours ago, Baggie19821982 said:

Today is 25/10, on 16/10 my mileage started flashing (65 plate Ka), I Googled it and read it's a common Fiat fault, it's this, it's that ... Today, the battery was dead, last used Ka 2 days ago with no issues, £120 for a new stop - start battery and hey presto, good as new, so firmly believe flashing mileage on a Ka is first sign of new battery needed

Yeah, I wonder if dealers idea of a new battery for a 2012 KA is one out of another car? Might not be of course, but my trust in dealers is pretty low.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club