Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.2 TDCI Titanium X Sport - Minor Mods

Dave Holland

Hello All

Just bought a 2012 Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCI after spending a while looking for the right one. Other than an EML pointing to a few DPF related issues (differential pressure sensor, soot build up etc.) in the first week which the dealer sorted, I've got nothing but praise for the car. I had a few questions about potential light modifications to the car which I'm hoping someone will be able to help with:

1. Replacing the halogen rear number plate lights for LEDs (car has LED DRLs and xenons at the front, the yellowy tinge from the number plate lights spoils it in my eyes). Is there a factory fit/OEM module to replace the halogen bulb carrier/housing, or is just better to replace the bulb with an LED one? I know from past experience if the resistance of the new bulb/diode isn't correct I'll get a bulb out warning.

2. Retrofitting a genuine Ford Nav unit - I've done this before with VAG cars, not sure how easy this is to do with a Ford? I do not have access to any Ford specific diagnostic software and I'm assuming this will definitely be required? Sourcing the unit, adding in the extra loom etc. won't be an issue (unless it's prohibitively complex to do for the DIY mechanic)

One other minor fix which is required is that the driver's side xenon washer sticks in the up position and can sometimes take up to a minute to come down, after popping up to wash the headlights. Is this a vacuum system or is it mechanical? 

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Dave

No sure if the MK4 Mondy has the rear plate light(s) on a CANBUS system, I know that on many of Ford's older model such as my MK2 Focus I seem to be able to fit whatever bulbs I want without any flickering as the rear plate lights aren't on a CANBUS.

I might end up with a MK4 Mondy one day so I'd also be curious to know which (if any) exterior lights on the MK4 Mondy are on a CANBUS).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Damian - helpful advice

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Holland said:

Thanks Damian - helpful advice

Dave

No worries mate, just found this thread over at TalkFord http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/216195-led-number-plate-light/ one of the suggestions to see if a bulb is monitored by the canbus is remove the bulb, turn on the exterior lights and if no error light comes up on the dash you should be safe, or so the theory goes. :biggrin:

I fitted a direct replacement LED panel in place of the puddle lights.

This is the amount of extra light they produce and it isn't fully dark yet

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club