Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

MRG1402

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Ive never heard of it called a dead pedal before, learn something new every day. I tend to just hook my left foot behind my right foot if that makes sense, which I know is probably quite dangerous.

Those bulbs look good, keep us updated on how long they last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol I do the same thing. I only take my foot off when traffic is flowing nicely. 

• Like 1

just dont over do it as your starting to look like a boy racer just by removing the eco badge and changing the mirror covers

That seems a bit harsh, removing a badge says nothing about a driver. It’s an option from factory on most cars these days, ‘badge delete’.

I like the way you have gone up to now @MRG1402 I still think it needs a set of wind deflectors though [emoji6]

33 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

That seems a bit harsh, removing a badge says nothing about a driver. It’s an option from factory on most cars these days, ‘badge delete’.

I like the way you have gone up to now @MRG1402 I still think it needs a set of wind deflectors though emoji6.png

Cheers mate!

Still not sure on the wind deflectors, I feel like they’re so overused on boy racer corsa’s that it may cheapen the car:wacko:

• Like 1

If I was getting wind deflectors I'd probably go with team heko but I'm like you and not too sure about getting them. Really I want to make my car look original without it standing out too much. 

• Like 1

I know what you mean, I have them on my Mondeo but not on my Fez. I like the looks of them but I think they create wind noise, not reduce it. I’ve just scrolled back up and had a wee look at the car again and because of the black Window surround rather than chrome it actually looks better than standard if you know what I mean.

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

If I was getting wind deflectors I'd probably go with team heko but I'm like you and not too sure about getting them. Really I want to make my car look original without it standing out too much. 

Yh, there is fine line between making the car your own and ‘over modding,’ making it look cheap and boy racer like...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I know what you mean, I have them on my Mondeo but not on my Fez. I like the looks of them but I think they create wind noise, not reduce it. I’ve just scrolled back up and had a wee look at the car again and because of the black Window surround rather than chrome it actually looks better than standard if you know what I mean.

That’s what I thought, with the black window trim I don’t think the wind deflectors would add too much looks wise, and as you say they actually increase the wind noise, especially on motorways etc.

• Like 1

Ordered some interior LEDs from AutoBeam and they arrived today so I decided to fit them.

Red footwell LEDs, Ice white courtesy light, reading lights and boot light. Got rid of all the horrible yellow tinted bulbs that come as standard!

Apologies for the quality, only had my phone to hand:

5016631C-DE99-477C-B91D-E4DBB53491CB.jpeg

2CE5E4B6-974E-4D84-B104-0CCC91C5A7B1.jpeg

F95B6538-806C-424B-978F-F52F16656CE3.jpeg

4152933F-D054-4F13-9CF1-4DFC2B408145.jpeg

88B425B1-BEE8-469F-9F46-165D373E6F72.jpeg

587B5777-5AC3-497F-9F42-9B86613DAB37.jpeg

3B074C1F-6998-4BC7-AB03-DBEF543AA063.jpeg

CB19AFA7-AD16-413B-888B-D1DBE888BE10.jpeg

69734ADC-A475-47C6-B93A-E22222A64665.jpeg

3D6B8329-F3A1-4953-872D-73F71FF10F20.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some gloss black titanium fog light surrounds with the intention of paint matching the chrome rings. So I bought some Hycote plastic primer, and some Hycote Race Red double acrylic spray paint and just went for it.

Very happy with the results!

Mix of phone and camera pics:

IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

• Like 1

The gloss black trim looks good. I'm thinking of getting the mirror covers, door strips and handles colour coded. The front plastic parts I might not touch as it might blend in with the black paint. If I got my car in white I definitely would get all the plastic parts painted gloss black. 

Loving the mods so far. Really like that touch with the red ring on your fogs!
I have wind deflectors on mine. Personal opinion does give it a nice look, I don't think it looks boy racer but each to their own opinion. Does make for a bit of a bigger blind spot on the a pillar though, slightly annoying. Have you considered some headlight eyebrows from TRC. They give the headlight a while new look, especially in the night with the lights on.

Here's a couple of pics of mine just for an idea.

1517733262998.jpg1517733287645.jpg

3 hours ago, Loftie12 said:

I have wind deflectors on mine. Personal opinion does give it a nice look, I don't think it looks boy racer but each to their own opinion. Does make for a bit of a bigger blind spot on the a pillar though, slightly annoying. Have you considered some headlight eyebrows from TRC. They give the headlight a while new look, especially in the night with the lights on.

Here's a couple of pics of mine just for an idea.

1517733262998.jpg1517733287645.jpg

Ive got my covers coming next week, how easy are they to fit?

Ive got my covers coming next week, how easy are they to fit?

Pretty straight forward, got to take the headlights out though, just 3 screws on each headlight.

Once they are out give them a good clean to get any grease and dirt off the glass and then the brows will just stick straight on with the 3m tape. Job done.

Only issue I've had is for some reason my bumper is ever so slightly off centre so my n/s headlight brow is a real snug fit against the bumper. Not a major issue just an annoyance.

Any issues with taking the headlights out, give me a shout and I can give you a step by step.

2 minutes ago, Loftie12 said:

Pretty straight forward, got to take the headlights out though, just 3 screws on each headlight.

Once they are out give them a good clean to get any grease and dirt off the glass and then the brows will just stick straight on with the 3m tape. Job done.

Only issue I've had is for some reason my bumper is ever so slightly off centre so my n/s headlight brow is a real snug fit against the bumper. Not a major issue just an annoyance.

Any issues with taking the headlights out, give me a shout and I can give you a step by step.

If you could message a step by step that would be great as I dont want to mess this up!

Have you thought about spraying the brows in race red too? I’m not sure that I like them in black, just my opinion though.

I think the wind deflectors look really good @Loftie12 And I know what you mean about the blind spot, I can live with that though. What I am having trouble living with is the increased wind noise, it’s been 8months now and it still annoys me as much now as it did then

Have you thought about spraying the brows in race red too? I’m not sure that I like them in black, just my opinion though.

I think the wind deflectors look really good [mention=64033]Loftie12[/mention] And I know what you mean about the blind spot, I can live with that though. What I am having trouble living with is the increased wind noise, it’s been 8months now and it still annoys me as much now as it did then

I was thinking about it but I kinda like the offset between red and black as I changed the wing mirrors too and considering wrapping the roof.

Your not the first person who has said about the wind noise but oddly I don't notice it on mine haha.

Love what you've done to the 'diffuser' at the back, looks great 

On 03/02/2018 at 8:39 PM, zain611 said:

The gloss black trim looks good. I'm thinking of getting the mirror covers, door strips and handles colour coded. The front plastic parts I might not touch as it might blend in with the black paint. If I got my car in white I definitely would get all the plastic parts painted gloss black. 

Yh, I think beens yours is black to start with the standard black trim blends in pretty well with it!

On 04/02/2018 at 8:35 AM, Loftie12 said:

Cheers mate! Don't think I'll fit wind deflectors but I might have a look at them eyebrows... TRC is only about 20mins from where I live anyway so I could pop over to have a look at them in person:smile:

On 05/02/2018 at 10:44 AM, Matt12341234 said:

Love what you've done to the 'diffuser' at the back, looks great 

Cheers! Just some cheap 6mm pinstripe tape off eBay:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Some up to date pics after I gave it a good clean earlier: 

Got to put the L plates on tomorrow:sad:

33AD6024-1F13-4656-99B3-5CDE34AF5C1B.jpeg

25FB23AA-CBA2-4EBC-8BCB-A65141272C3F.jpeg

02232030-5932-44B2-AFD1-BCAC88FE1C87.jpeg

3452C602-5F2F-4E5F-ABB6-BB73F61F418E.jpeg

C5C9565C-8BE5-4790-B49F-728458B03709.jpeg

E6A1F69C-0A8F-465C-A097-E27FAC3F1ABD.jpeg

16E29F0F-13AB-4262-B2FC-ED69095AB61B.jpeg

B6B81E2D-5A49-4E26-AA5A-FE6CCDA0BCFE.jpeg

9F90A361-5C19-4B96-816D-CB3B2950850F.jpeg

7DA549F9-E00D-4A4A-96DB-16453A6D1438.jpeg

E99C68D6-BC8C-4261-A552-491AAAAAB1A7.jpeg

• Like 2

On 16/02/2018 at 3:18 PM, Ad@m said:

Looking good.

Cheers mate!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as the owner its your opinion that matters.

Nevertheless, I delved into this thread expecting tasteful mods, but instead I see a red go faster stripe, painted red exterior bits, and wind deflectors. You've achieved exactly the style you were aiming to avoid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club