Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

MRG1402

2 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as the owner its your opinion that matters.

Nevertheless, I delved into this thread expecting tasteful mods, but instead I see a red go faster stripe, painted red exterior bits, and wind deflectors. You've achieved exactly the style you were aiming to avoid.

I think it looks pretty tasteful and subtle. (The mats aren't my cup of tea but as you say it's down to the owner to like it anyway).

I can't see any go faster stripes or wind deflectors.

No wind deflectors either @Jethro_Tull 

i think you’re being a little harsh with your comment, he has done very minor cosmetic mods and I think he has enhanced the cars looks. Everyone has their own taste though and that’s what allows us to have such a varied display of cars on our roads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as the owner its your opinion that matters.

Nevertheless, I delved into this thread expecting tasteful mods, but instead I see a red go faster stripe, painted red exterior bits, and wind deflectors. You've achieved exactly the style you were aiming to avoid.

Ok, so firstly thank you for your opinion. As much as I disagree with it, it’s still worth hearing others’ views on the car. 

What I would like to say though, is that a 6mm red low-line pinstripe in no way warrants the term “go faster stripe”.

If you’d actually read the thread properly you’d know that the wind deflectors aren’t fitted to my car, they are on someone else’s Fiesta who has contributed to this thread.

And finally, “tasteful mods” is purely your opinion and doesn’t give you the justification to the coin the car ‘boy racer’. Whilst you may not like them, many other members who have contributed to this thread have, and a few have gone on to achieve the same modifications on their cars.

MRG1402

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I think it looks pretty tasteful and subtle. (The mats aren't my cup of tea but as you say it's down to the owner to like it anyway).

I can't see any go faster stripes or wind deflectors.

22 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

No wind deflectors either @Jethro_Tull 

i think you’re being a little harsh with your comment, he has done very minor cosmetic mods and I think he has enhanced the cars looks. Everyone has their own taste though and that’s what allows us to have such a varied display of cars on our roads.

Cheers guys! 

You might want to re-read and digest the first paragraph of my post before getting too excited.  That's the most important bit, but you seem to have taken zero heed of it.

And I never mentioned the words "boy racer".

• Like 1

I like what you’ve done so far, the car looks great. Hop you’ve enjoyed your first outings with the L plates on.

My 17 year old self would have been thoroughly jealous - all it has in common with my first car (a 13 year old 34bhp Fiat Panda750L) is that they’re both red!

2 minutes ago, Dan P said:

I like what you’ve done so far, the car looks great. Hop you’ve enjoyed your first outings with the L plates on.

My 17 year old self would have been thoroughly jealous - all it has in common with my first car (a 13 year old 34bhp Fiat Panda750L) is that they’re both red!

Wow, 34bhp that must have been a handful lol. My Panda had 100bhp, oh how times change. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

You might want to re-read and digest the first paragraph of my post before getting too excited.  That's the most important bit, but you seem to have taken zero heed of it.

And I never mentioned the words "boy racer".

Have to agree with that bit, Gerald did lead with saying that it was your own apinion that matters. I just chipped in because I noticed the ‘wind deflectors’ reference and I remember you are actually pretty against that line of mods.

I have to say I thought I remembered reading ‘boy racer car’ somewhere But it may have just been in your response lol, which was very well put across. To be fair I don’t think @Jethro_Tull was being unkind with his comment.

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Wow, 34bhp that must have been a handful lol. My Panda had 100bhp, oh how times change. 

She was a beast! I think the stereo had more power than the engine!

5 hours ago, Dan P said:

She was a beast! I think the stereo had more power than the engine!

Worth doing a comparison of engine power in KW Vs speaker output in KW?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Lol my Peugeot 107 I previously had had 68hp from its 1 litre engine. I still debate whever that was more fun to drive than the 1.6 tdci fiesta. That car would rev and hardly pick up speed 😂. I don't know if that's what made me enjoy it. With the fiesta I'd wait for it to warm up which takes I'd say 25 minutes from the places I drive in. Then I'd boot it around once or twice. As its quicker you can't really rev it that high as it'll already be doing the speed limit. One thing I do like with the fez is that the stiff suspension reduces or stops body roll and that stiff feeling does feel sporty when going around corners fast. Now I just try to get the most mpg showing from the trip computer 

• Like 1

I've got a 108 for getting to work, half the power at 68hp from the same size engine as my fez. 

Keeptrying to pull out to overtake and then always think nah. Trick is keeping it moving at speed like a go kart but the roll and skinny tyres make for superb understeer

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you've already removed the Ecoboost badge then I would strongly recommend that you carry on and remove the Fiesta badge and the 2 St line wing badges. I would also recommend that you take a look at some gel overlays for the Ford badges.

• 1 month later...

Hi would fitting wind deflectors that fit inside the channel work on the outside using adhesive?

21 minutes ago, MK7.5Jacko said:

Hi would fitting wind deflectors that fit inside the channel work on the outside using adhesive?

No, you'd have to trim bits off to make it look right. Why would you want to do that anyway? Can't you just fit them as intended?

17 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

No, you'd have to trim bits off to make it look right. Why would you want to do that anyway? Can't you just fit them as intended?

I just don’t want the top of my windows scratched up after a few years with them on 

1 hour ago, MK7.5Jacko said:

I just don’t want the top of my windows scratched up after a few years with them on 

I've had mine on for nearly 2 years and no damage to the windows. I did fold the tab in on the metal clips so that it didn't rip my trim when I tried to remove them though.

I's say you'd do more damage to the outside trim than the glass if you glued them on though.

• Like 1

I bought a replacement set of Hekos recently (after having had a set stolen) and they came with hard plastic clips - they were much easier to install than the metal ones and less likely to mark the windows.

• 9 months later...

Car is looking great! Never seen a dead pedal before (outside of a BMW) until I checked out the thread!

Would you mind sharing the link to purchase the dead pedal?

Few easy, nice and subtle mods are to paint the callipers, (I'd recommend red for obvious reasons), a small sunstrip, and possibly even mud guards. I've got a small build thread going and have done all the above, so take a look if you want. You could say some of it is boy racer-ish but like you, its not what I'm going for. I've also got red and black gel overlays on all the badges