Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy heated seats

vicarofsheff

I have had 3 ford edges the 1st 2 where 16 plates but the last one is a 17 plate with the new style key.

On thr latest on the fan in the heated seats is so loud has anyone else heard this.

Never heard it on the 1st 2 this is really bugging me 

Shouldn’t be any noise. The cooled seats make a noise, but not the heating. 

I never heard any noise on the 1st 2 I owned  but the seats in the latest 1 are very loud.

Rearly stating to p*** me of now 

Book it into a dealer and get it looked at then. What do you mean loud? The heating is achieved by two heating pads which should not have any moving parts. I don't think the fans run in heat mode.

Describe the noise.

H

PS, I've just re-read your post, which was not very clear. If the cooling fan is noisy it needs changing under warranty (unless there is something caught in it) book it in and get it looked at.

H

Apparently the new seats have got fans in them.

The noise is the sound of a fan very annoying  

If the noise sounds like a fan, and is a fan, then it's a feature not a fault.

How would they keep your bum cool without a fan?

H

The fan is with both cooled and heated.

Wish I could video it.

Loads have commented that the seats are very loud 

mine is a 2017 and has fans fitted, annoying at first but i just turn the radio up

Are the heated seats good though? Mines very early 17 but I’ve never heard a noise so maybe I haven’t got fans- the heated ness isn’t particularly good though 

• 1 month later...

Since buying my Edge Sport in December I have noticed this on/off sound of a fan on various occasions and thought it was coming from the rear of the car. After reading this thread I now realise it is the heated seats - I turned my heated seat off today and the noise stopped. I've never had this in previous Fords I've had with heated seats. It is a bit annoying but I just turn up the radio a bit! 

12 hours ago, Quofan said:

Since buying my Edge Sport in December I have noticed this on/off sound of a fan on various occasions and thought it was coming from the rear of the car. After reading this thread I now realise it is the heated seats - I turned my heated seat off today and the noise stopped. I've never had this in previous Fords I've had with heated seats. It is a bit annoying but I just turn up the radio a bit! 

Playing "Last Night of the Electrics" album?

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I have just come across this after posting my own 'what the hell is this annoying noise from the back of my car' thread.  Oddly I am annoyed as I was hoping it was a fault that could be fixed...  It is just the right kind of noise to make want to tear my ears off and beat myself to death with them!  I can hear it over the radio easily as it is a very odd pitch.  I could understand the noise when I had the cooled bit on but not the heat.  Oh well, just won't use the heated seats!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, AjM said:

I have just come across this after posting my own 'what the hell is this annoying noise from the back of my car' thread.  Oddly I am annoyed as I was hoping it was a fault that could be fixed...  It is just the right kind of noise to make want to tear my ears off and beat myself to death with them!  I can hear it over the radio easily as it is a very odd pitch.  I could understand the noise when I had the cooled bit on but not the heat.  Oh well, just won't use the heated seats!

Ford dealers have said it is the fans in the seats. I have had the noise 1 on my edge sports.

My 1st edge a 17reg  titanium no noise.

2nd sport was a 17reg no noise 

3rd sport 17reg had the noise 

My later is a 67reg vignale and you guessed it no noise. 

Dealers can't give me a answer .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club