Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2014 1.25 Zetec SD14 - Any Advice

Nikstryker

Just bought myself a Ford Fiesta 1.2 2014 for £5500 its only got 7700 miles on the clock.

Is there anything I should be aware of engine and bodywise problems?

I have already found my first one in that when putting it into reverse on my driveway which slopes down the gearbox squeal like a mother and doesnt engage at all necessitating me to take it out of gear and put it back into reverse a bit more forcefully to get the engine to bite - bit disappointing - Is this a common fault or should I take it back to the dealer?

Its a nice wee car but I am already having regrets as the battery doesnt seem to be keeping its charge either!

Just bought myself a Ford Fiesta 1.2 2014 for £5500 its only got 7700 miles on the clock.
Is there anything I should be aware of engine and bodywise problems?
I have already found my first one in that when putting it into reverse on my driveway which slopes down the gearbox squeal like a mother and doesnt engage at all necessitating me to take it out of gear and put it back into reverse a bit more forcefully to get the engine to bite - bit disappointing - Is this a common fault or should I take it back to the dealer?
Its a nice wee car but I am already having regrets as the battery doesnt seem to be keeping its charge either!

I've never not know a Ford crunch a little bit when you put it into reverse, all 3 of my Fiestas have done it, both my mates fiestas do it as well.

The 1242cc engine is usually pretty much spot on, just keep on top of services and it'll never really be an issue. I've seen examples on 150k+ that run with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

£5500 seems quite a bargain. I paid £4995 for a 59 plate two years ago albiet it only having 25k on the clock.

Bodywork. A 2014 car shouldn't have any massive issues really, mk7's are much too young to show any signs of rot or anything significant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sorry I didn't see the comment about the battery not holding charge.

I'd check for anything that could be causing the battery to drain... It could just need a new battery. My mum's corsa did something similar a new battery solved the issue.

I'd pop it back to the dealer just for a quick check over. Chances of it being anything major are slim.

As for the reverse, make sure the clutch is fully engaged. Again it could be something that's worth having checked over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No its not a parasitic drain i think the battery may be old,
I should have given more info!

I left the car for two weeks 22/12/17 - 08/01/18  and the weather has been rather cold and it couldnt start the car,.

I dunno how modern batteries and cars last these days but my old Rovvie lasted 4 weeks without use and was still fine.

Either the new cars draw a helluva lot of amps or the battery is a dud but the car was cheap so cant really grumble!

Apparently the reverse gear issue is a known one from another thread on here even with new Fiestas!
Hmmmmm very suss!

Mine crunches from cold in reverse.  The cure is to start the car in reverse if you're going to be reversing out.  Obviously, a firmly applied handbrake and foot on the clutch will prevent you mowing down and nuns or orphans and getting a mention on the news from Alastair Stewart.

Your battery is suffering a combination of age and lack of use (they like to be regularly charged).  A new battery should see you right for years to come.  

Low mileage cars can be a real PITA unless they've been maintained and stored sympathetically.

Evans Halshaw - I thought they were ok but now i hear different and now i am worried lol
Both front tyres need changed and its only done 7700 miles they are not cheapos either Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 - 195/55/R15 Tyres

Arnold Clarke is surely the worst though!

They're all the same. Each used car any dealer sells all come from the same place; usually auctions or part exchanges.

A battery is a battery and the low milage would suggest it's not been driven for long enough journeys to get enough charge, or has only been driven in bursts so would sit for weeks, which again isn't good for the battery.

Don't understand why the tyres are so worn though. The previous owner must've gone "slow car" drag racing or spent too much time wheelspinning on a maccies car park or something.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club