Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5 Ecoboost modifications

ThaiFiesta

Hi, I'm looking at upgrading from my Mk7.5 Fiesta with a tuned 125PS 1.0 Ecoboost to the new Mk3.5 Focus with the 1.5 Ecoboost. 

I can see online that Bluefin and Pumaspeed do plug in tunes, but there don't seem to be many plug on or bolt-on swap out hardware options. What have people done to enhance their 1.5 Ecoboosts?

They are still a newly released engine so many people haven’t had access to them yet to see if the bolt on mods work try speaking to Jason Tierny at pumaspeed he will give you the low down on what they have managed to get fitted so far 

• Like 1

well you certainly wont be changing the intercooler.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 17/01/2018 at 1:31 PM, iantt said:

Yes that does seem to be hard to do. The coolant system diagram I've seen shows the intercooler and engine coolant circuit linked - is that correct? 

Yes , the 4-cilinder 1.5 ECOboost has a watercooled intercooler.

The 4-cilinder 1.5 ECOboost engine is expected to retire soon. On the new Focus MK4 (which will be released within a few months) this engine will be replaced by an all new 3-cilinder 1.5 ECOboost. Knowing this very few manufacturers of aftermarket parts develop parts for this engine.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 7:31 AM, iantt said:

Hi iantt, do you think that a change of the front heat exchanger for a better one will not help? Or actually the most important is the IC core inside the engine?

Cheers for your opinion.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club