Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blowers Always Cold!

SmithyScoot

Hi all.

I've got a Titanium X with climate control and regardless of the setting i have the blowers on they're always freezing cold, they've been like it for about 10 days now and it couldn't be at a worse time of year! Could the problem be something as simple as a fuse or something worse?

If anyone has got any ideas please let me know.

Is this a common thing? And the important question, is this an expensive fix?

6 minutes ago, SmithyScoot said:

Is this a common thing? And the important question, is this an expensive fix?

It's not too common and it's a very expensive job from what I've heard, seen prices up to £1000 

• Sad 1

Wow! Well I've not had the car 3 months yet and fortunately its still under warranty. Its only 3 years old! Guess i'd better see if this is covered.

Before you go spending hundreds on a new heater matrix check the basics first. A new matrix would probably fix the problem, but that may only because you are doing these steps after it's been installed.

Check coolant level. Might sound daft but half the people I've said this to have said "oh yeah it was low", topped it up and now have heat again.

Second one is bleeding the cooling system. If there's an air pocket in it then it won't pump hot water through it. Google it if you don't know how to, it's really easy though. If your coolant was low (hardly any in reservoir), and you've now filled it up and still no heat try bleeding it too.

If that doesn't work then try a flush on the heater matrix. For the sake of a few quid for a bottle of rad flush, it would be daft not too. Unless it's pouring out with coolant, you've a good chance of fixing it without having to strip it out and buy a new one.

I'd imagine this should be covered under warranty though as it's not exactly a wear and tear item. It's rare for them to go wrong completely on a 3 year old car though. They would tell you to bugger off if the levels aren't right as they could say you've neglected to look after it, therefore you've caused it to fail.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club