Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cam Installation

Eddieboi

Yes it also has mapping and gps and looks like the firmware upgrade has Speedcamera alerts - nice little buy ... If you can get it working lol

Yes it also has mapping and gps and looks like the firmware upgrade has Speedcamera alerts - nice little buy ... If you can get it working lol   

I will lol I just need time to read this damn manual lol

Ps I managed to get the parking mode to work lol I had to move the piggy back from the ignition fuse I used to my cig lighter fuse which is constantly powered by the battery. Got the “parking mode is on” 20 seconds later after I had turned engine off.

60f9860c321c598bd9c7fe247c066138.jpg

This is where I mounted the F800. Was debating weather to move it to the left behind the windscreen black dots to hide it more but was concerned I wouldn’t get the best of views for cam, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would leave it where it is - thieves target those males and will know either way however you try and hide it.

My GOPRO and Smartphone go in the exact same place - although i remove em when i leave the car.

Shame they arent detacheable - when you hit a pothole and need evidence against the council or some nutter bumps the side of your car its nice to be able to take the camera out and film it but i suppose a Smartphone will always do!

The lighter socket fuse was what i recommended first lol
It is designed for that specific purpose of adding things in the circuitry of the cars now.
People think its like the old days when you can just bosh it into any old fuse - I made that  mistake myself once.
Although in some cars it doesnt provide power when the ignition is off - thats what I would assume the Super-capacitor is for.

20 minutes ago, Nikstryker said:

I would leave it where it is - thieves target those males and will know either way however you try and hide it.

My GOPRO and Smartphone go in the exact same place - although i remove em when i leave the car.

Shame they arent detacheable - when you hit a pothole and need evidence against the council or some nutter bumps the side of your car its nice to be able to take the camera out and film it but i suppose a Smartphone will always do!

The lighter socket fuse was what i recommended first lol
It is designed for that specific purpose of adding things in the circuitry of the cars now.
People think its like the old days when you can just bosh it into any old fuse - I made that  mistake myself once.
Although in some cars it doesnt provide power when the ignition is off - thats what I would assume the Super-capacitor is for.

I think thats why I went looking for the cig fuse as I remembered what you said in prev post lol

Now I was thinking of leaving it in the car where I work, i literally park like 20 metres from my work usually on main road which is a one way street. The area I drive through to get to work can be a complete nightmare. 

Ironically when I got to the area I live in some stupid kid on one of those push scooter things was on the main road and went through the red light on my left as I was turning right (and yup my lights had turnt green), it was funny seeing his silly face look scared and scooted a long doggedly trying to not fall over, luckily for me I was paying attention and wasn't bombing it round.

And thats one reason why I got this dash cam lol I just need to install the rear camera and ill be covered back and front lol

Like I said ill be leaving it in the car when I travel in july and park up in the long stay car park. Hopefully by then Ill be able to find a battery back I can connect as well to give the cam some more juice...or I may decide to just get one lol

You mean one of these under the seat keep it cool!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-4800mAh-Charger/dp/B00BWW4DGC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-6800mAh-Charger-Black/dp/B00F2L1KI8/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516330556&sr=1-2-fkmr3&keywords=2V+DC+Rechargeable+Li-ion+Battery+Pack

Same principle as a smartphone booster pack!

You will need to work out the F800 Amp draw and do some maths x hour x days = Δ  mah.

If you had a standard Gopro like mine or any smartphone or usb (5 volt) device you could use this massive 26000mah beast!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012V9H3WA/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

For instance, a 6000 mAh battery could power a device drawing 100 mA (milliamp) for 60 hours.

If we had strong sunlight a solar panel battery charger would be useful but they are useless in the UK!

>;o)

Leave it there i would,i have mine on the plastic where you have put it under it,i didn't want any or as less as possible any sign of looking from outside

that i have a camera fitted so all you see of mine is a lens no sticky pad on the window.

As said on here thieves are terrible these days for stuff like this so if they cant see it that its a bonus.

My choice i would not put it on the side or i would never put a sucker fitment on mine,if you cant see you don't know.

On a side note thinking about getting a 128gb micro SD card since I will be going 2ch setup on Sunday.

Generally I’ve read manufacturers recommend using their own branded cards, but is this necessary or could I get my own like a Sandisk 128gb class 10 micro card?

Sandisk are good better than average.

You dont need the best as long as its class 10 or better!

Pny are kinda top class with UHD class 1 and 3 but thats for professional photographers!

I use Sandisk myself but watch where you buy em as the chinese clones el cheapos on eBay can be dodgy.
You stick it in your pc and it says its 64gb but is probably 16gb and you only find out when you write more than 16gb to it.
They modify the firmware chip to fool the buyer so when you get a card test it out by writing the max amount of data to it to test it or
use a program like CHIPGENIUS or HDDscan.

When you buy a card make sure they have good feedback etc,i had 2of 64gb ones off a person on eBay and all seemed fine,99.7% feedback so had 2 and i always check

mine on my p.c for errors and both were faulty,as said above a 64gb turned out to be just under 10 and all the rest was bad sectors so went onto him and refund.

amazon is a lot better as i paid a bit more but was ok and i use Sandisk as well,some cameras are funny with makes and the class,i use class 10 but on a dash cam 6 or 10.

I use 2 programs to test mine.........h2testw.........and also ............Fakeflashtest.....

Just pulled the trigger on a f800 pro 1ch Has anyone tried sticking it to the plastic trim behind the mirror that houses the rain sensor? Thinking that would give a real stealthy installation as there is nothing stuck to the windscreen.

Just pulled the trigger on a f800 pro 1ch Has anyone tried sticking it to the plastic trim behind the mirror that houses the rain sensor? Thinking that would give a real stealthy installation as there is nothing stuck to the windscreen.

I was thinking about doing that myself as well.

Best thing to do is to see what kind of view you get from the camera. Download the thinkware app and do a live view to determine if you get a descent enough view.

The 3m sticky pad is pretty good so I expect it would stick fine. Just clean the plastic first for a clean install.

You won’t regret getting the camera. Finally got the rear installed today, didn’t take too long to nearly hide the long cable etc.

Video footage is great and the super night vision 2.0 is great.

Just got home and managed to catch the silly woman behind me at the lights in a merc using her phone whilst driving lol

46 minutes ago, Eddieboi said:

I was thinking about doing that myself as well.

Best thing to do is to see what kind of view you get from the camera. Download the thinkware app and do a live view to determine if you get a descent enough view.

The 3m sticky pad is pretty good so I expect it would stick fine. Just clean the plastic first for a clean install.

You won’t regret getting the camera. Finally got the rear installed today, didn’t take too long to nearly hide the long cable etc.

Video footage is great and the super night vision 2.0 is great.

Just got home and managed to catch the silly woman behind me at the lights in a merc using her phone whilst driving lol

And remember the benefits of good quality footage - Upload accidents and meteor showers and the like lol to youtube or sell em to the News some folks get £10,000 for a serious piece of news footage like the airliner that came down on a motorway in Japan!

People also get paid on those Carcrash britain, dashcam disasters and other shows you can sell em to!
In this snow there should be plenty of juicy footage to sell the newspapers and tv!

You could even do a Nightstalker lol

Here’s some footage from earlier.

• Like 2

wow impressed with how you can still read the numberplate of the car behind even with its lights on. I've only gone with the front camera to reduce cost I may get a rear cam at a later date but think the front will be sufficient for now.

wow impressed with how you can still read the numberplate of the car behind even with its lights on. I've only gone with the front camera to reduce cost I may get a rear cam at a later date but think the front will be sufficient for now.

Front camera is still good. I only got the 2ch kit as the area I have to drive through has a lot of idiot drivers front and back lol

8 hours ago, cjay1 said:

Yes i have my camera on the  plastic and works fine,not the f800 just a A119 but you cant see a lot looking in the car at the front.

20180121_094058.jpg

13 hours ago, Eddieboi said:

Here’s some footage from earlier.

Would be good to see what it was like when Dark but no street lights,my A119s is very grainy when no lights but ok in the day.

Also have you put it low down on the window under the plastic cover what i can see on your picture as i put mine on the plastic as i

got the surround either side i put it so it was blocking a bit of the side view,very interested.

Would be good to see what it was like when Dark but no street lights,my A119s is very grainy when no lights but ok in the day.
Also have you put it low down on the window under the plastic cover what i can see on your picture as i put mine on the plastic as i
got the surround either side i put it so it was blocking a bit of the side view,very interested.

Mine is below the plastic to get the best unobstructed view.

3 hours ago, Eddieboi said:

Mine is below the plastic to get the best unobstructed view.

Its a pain aint it where i either had to put mine low down or on the plastic cover,either side and i would pick up the plastic.

Its a pain aint it where i either had to put mine low down or on the plastic cover,either side and i would pick up the plastic.

Hahaha yeah. Before I even peeled the cover for the sticky pad I went into live view to see what kind of view id get.

On a side note here’s some daytime footage from today. Notice the pleb towards the end almost going into my lane on the roundabout lol

[/url] 

• Like 1

Looks like it was heading towards your side again at the lights when you were stationary ready to come over,some idiots out there lol.
Got to say it's a good sharp picture.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give it a go on the plastic trim. It's got 2 chances.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give it a go on the plastic trim. It's got 2 chances.

Use the thinkware app for a live view to see how it looks first. It’s annoying trying to get the 3m sticky pad off to put a new one on, had enough trouble just doing it on the rear cam and small bit of 3m lol

The Fiat driver was all over the place before he got along side you in the first place, can’t say I saw him trying to do it at the lights again though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes mate top camera,just the old £££ holds me back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club