Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Window Tints again

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know that i had bubbling on my rear window tinted film.

Took it back for Ford to do today.

I picked my car up and i got told that they have noticed slight bubbles in the other tints and was told to contact them if the problem persist. My question is: If they had noticed the other tints had slight bubbles in them why didnt they do them at the same time as the other?

Help

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know that i had bubbling on my rear window tinted film.

Took it back for Ford to do today.

I picked my car up and i got told that they have noticed slight bubbles in the other tints and was told to contact them if the problem persist. My question is: If they had noticed the other tints had slight bubbles in them why didnt they do them at the same time as the other?

Help

Have you got original Ford tints or did you get them tinted yourself after you got the car?

Hi Johnny,

Apparantly Ford don't do it themselves, they get an outside company to do it.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Johnny,

Apparantly Ford don't do it themselves, they get an outside company to do it.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

i was under the impression that the ford rear windows tinted glass is actually tinted glass and not tint

film maybe wrong but pretty shore thats correct.

For gods sake. Fords tinted windows are TINTED GLASS. There is no tinted film there.

ARGH

Haven't you already posted about this before??

Ford do both, they gave me the tinted film because it was cheaper for them.

err, no.

Fords tinted glass is exactly that. Ford dont use sticky-backed-plastic to tint their windows. And they certainly dont get an outside company to do it.

TBH, it sounds to me like you car doesn't have tinted windows when it arrived from the factory. More like your dealer shipped it out to some dodgy tinting company who clearly did a crap job of it as its bubbling already

err, no.

Fords tinted glass is exactly that. Ford dont use sticky-backed-plastic to tint their windows. And they certainly dont get an outside company to do it.

TBH, it sounds to me like you car doesn't have tinted windows when it arrived from the factory. More like your dealer shipped it out to some dodgy tinting company who clearly did a crap job of it as its bubbling already

It didnt come from the factory with tints, i asked for them when i signed the deal. They get some outside tinting company to come and fit the film.

Any advice on what i should do next?

Cheers

yeah. take it back and ask for money back on the tints. then take it to a reputable tinting establishment to get it tinted again

yeah. take it back and ask for money back on the tints. then take it to a reputable tinting establishment to get it tinted again

Cant i make ford do the glass?

If you get ford to change the glass it will be mega expensive. If you get ford to re-tint with film they will probably do a crap job again. This is why I say go elsewhere and get a good job done of it.

I would keep going back and back until they get them perfect. A good tinting company :D can do a good job so dont settle for crap :)

Edit: once you have had to go back more and more they will get it done 100% so you dont have to keep coming back! I did the same when they kept cracking my number plate and worked :D

I picked my car up and i got told that they have noticed slight bubbles in the other tints and was told to contact them if the problem persist.

Help

Your answer to the problem is within your question – if you are not happy contact the Ford dealership and insist the problem is sorted. You say the garage used an outside company so the car needs to go back to Ford to give them a chance to get this company to correct the problem.

Any good reputable window tint company will give you a guarantee of at least a year (most offer 5 years).

Once the tint has been reapplied have a good look at it from both inside and outside the car before driving off and if you are still unhappy complain there and then about it.

There's lessons to be learned here.

Just like the USB< if you want it, get it done at the factory and get it done properly. Don't think you can save money by getting it done afterwards, as in most cases the quality suffers and it ends up costing you more and plenty of time wasted. If I was you, take it back to Ford and tell them you want them taking off and you want your money back.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

If the Titanium Fiesta gets the tinted glass, how come i only get the film. Slightly confused? :unsure:

Cheers

Thanks for all the comments guys.

If the Titanium Fiesta gets the tinted glass, how come i only get the film. Slightly confused? :unsure:

Cheers

Because the tinted glass comes from the factory. Nothing is ever dont at the dealer really other than little bits.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club