Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunky front end....Ooh Err !!

KarlW

The cars got a quite hefty clunk or knock from front end. Its just had a new clutch so whilst in the garage I asked them to fix the noise. They can't find it ! They've tried all the bushes, linkages, etc, everything seems to be order but yet I still have this heavy clunky noise. My gut feeling is that its not directly connected suspension, could be wrong ! So what else could it be ??

When does the clunk happen, turning from lock to lock? Could be top mounts, over rough roads rattling all the time .could be drop links, the odd bang over a hump? Could be subframe, a bit more detail could help.

Hi there ! Well its general driving, potholes (plenty!), road bumps, the usual stuff on a daily commute on Britain's well maintained roads...There seems no particular way of making it worse or better. They checked top mounts and even replaced the drop links as a matter of course almost. That's what makes this an odd one, they put car on MOT ramp and joggled, pushed and generally did all they could and came up with nothing. They're good guys too, not a back street bodge shop. Shocks have been mentioned but I've never heard a set of shocks make this noise ! lol ..

Well it could be the shock absorbers, it could just be normal, has this just started or has it got worse?

i had a lot of noise that is commonly called bumb thump, disappeared with new shocks and top mounts, no wiggling showed up the fault.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club