Arwen

17S09 Recall For 1.6L GTDI Cooling system

Well i got the call yesterday, head will be in stock next Monday, so should get the car back next weekend

Mines at my local Ford dealer having the work carried out now on my Fiesta had to call them about it though never got a letter saw it on ETIS 

Well dropped it off they did a health check on it but didn't have the parts needed and have never done one before, it's booked for the 14th August for 3 days and have been given a courtesy car for that time, the health check revealed a puncture, tracking miles out and front tyres needed replacing as well as the punctured rear (too close to sidewall) so booked tyres on the drive getting 4 goodyear eagle f1 3's, read good stuff about them and getting the tracking done altogether costing £375 (£350 for tyres and £25 for laser alignment) Not too bad I suppose  

Well got her back Friday 27/07/2018, recall done on the cooling system, software updated, new head and as i was kept waiting for so long all new belts as well, all FOC, they even delivered her back to me so i did not need to go get her, so far very pleased, we let you know how things go.

My car went in 2 weeks ago for the recall on Thursday and Friday I get a call saying the car would be returned to my home in 10 minutes on friday, 2 hours later I get a call saying they could not get my car to start and there was a problem with an auxiliary belt. Give them a call Saturday to get an update but no news. Give it till 1400 hours on Monday and no phone call from main dealer so I called them to find the car now had 8 bent exhaust valves, the auxiliary belt had split and got tangled up in the cambelt tensioner which made it get very hot and collapse. Have the car back after 2 weeks but the washer bottle now saying low level, but it is full. Call dealer but they did not return my call not for the first time.

Could this be something to do with software update.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:28 PM, stone said:

My car went in 2 weeks ago for the recall on Thursday and Friday I get a call saying the car would be returned to my home in 10 minutes on friday, 2 hours later I get a call saying they could not get my car to start and there was a problem with an auxiliary belt. Give them a call Saturday to get an update but no news. Give it till 1400 hours on Monday and no phone call from main dealer so I called them to find the car now had 8 bent exhaust valves, the auxiliary belt had split and got tangled up in the cambelt tensioner which made it get very hot and collapse. Have the car back after 2 weeks but the washer bottle now saying low level, but it is full. Call dealer but they did not return my call not for the first time.

Could this be something to do with software update.

I wouldn't think the new issue is related to the software update/hardware changes as the "screen wash" fluid is contained within an entirely separate system to the "Engine coolant".

If you didn't have the "new" issue before your car went in for the warranty work I'd definitely persevere with the dealer (it could be as simple as they may have forgotten to reconnect the sensor for the screenwash tank).

Well had her back for almost a month now, water level has not moved, temp is good so fingers crossed all good, on a down note had to have the drive shaft oil seals replaced as they was leaking gearbox oil, on removal inner seal was thinner than the new one so looks like a mod on fords part

Just had my 2011 1.6 ecoboost C Max done after 4 cancelled appointments

Took 3 days (not the quoted one), and Ive just got the car back and the idle is all over the place (jumping of it's own accord from 1500-200rpm). It used to sit at a rock stead 900rpm.

Not happy!!!

Interested to read that, my car also 2011 1.6 ecoboost C-Max.

Car was recalled over three months ago for the cooling system mods. All done o.k. But software update was not available.

Just had another recall notice exactly the same wording as the original so hope this is for the software.

Having read your post, I hope mine will be o.k.

Two weeks time with service. Watch this space.

My car is the only one that my dealer has done, I am a bit surprised about that, plenty of various Fords around here!

Good luck - mine is also the first one my dealer has done!

After being told by the mechanic "the car needs to reset itself and readjust" after the BCM, ECU and Instrument Cluster software updates, I have given it 3 days but took it back today.

Startup first thing in the morning consistently gives the following symptoms:

1)Radio and completely buttons on stereo etc, completely unresponsive to any input for at least 45 seconds after car started

2)Idle varies erratically from between 1000-2000rpm

This is shown here in videos I have taken of startup the last 2 mornings - bear in mind my foot is OFF the accelerator in both videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzQjgjXkXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VwlY0JP0U

This behaviour does improve slightly after some driving but still idle is erratic, just less pronounced.

Took it back to the dealer today where they "factory reset" the BCM and instrument cluster module (the ECU didnt give the option of a factory reset apparently) and if anything it appears worse now with idle still fluctuating between 1000-2000rpm

Car is now going back again next week for 2 days (initially) and guess what - the dealer have no courtesy cars available until October so I have to figure out my own transport whilst they try and figure out what on earth they have done!

Thanks for that, I think!

There does seem to be a trend developing here. I would have thought that after waiting all that time Ford would have got it right.

Did I read somewhere that the 2011 C-Max had different software and that is why we have been waiting so long?

As I said previously, all the pipework etc has been done and so the car should not have a problem, but there would be no warning or power reduction.

My motor runs very smoothly and the idle is perfect. Almost tempted not to have the software update!!

Had mine done a couple of week ago, they had the car 9 days as they took there time as it was the first one they had done, got a 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta as a courtesy car, being the 100 version it was awful very comfortable but didn't feel safe enough to do some of the faster overtakes.

Just watched the videos from pjrouse (thanks for those) not happy about that. Mine when cold starts with a fast idle, as it should, then reduces slowly with no blips.

Ryan_Tango how was your own car after the cooling system mods and software update?

Update

After car was back at the dealers for 2 days, they found a cracked Vacuum pipe in the engine which was the cause of the rough idle.

Just driven back and all seems OK.

Radio still unresponsive for 30-40 seconds after initial start but to be honest I'm fed up of the sight of the dealers and being without a car so I might just live with it

Car was due for a service today and as I had the recall notice (again) two weeks ago dealer also did the software update. That is five, yes five months after the parts were fitted!!

Thankfully the car is running just as before with no radio or other problems so far.

I had thought that something different might have shown up on the display when starting the car, but nothing I can see has changed. Begs the question how do I know it is working correctly unless a coolant problem arises.