Do Not Sell My Personal Information

car insurance on a ford fiesta zetec s

lad4183

hey, i really wont to buy myself a ford fiesta zetec s for my first car but the only problem is the car insurance. i am 17. does anyone know how i can get cheap car insurance from because i really wont that car.

cheers

chris

If the insurance is a problem, how the hell are you going to afford the car?

hey, i really wont to buy myself a ford fiesta zetec s for my first car but the only problem is the car insurance. i am 17. does anyone know how i can get cheap car insurance from because i really wont that car.

cheers

chris

dont think you will get insured on a zetec s petrol. A titanium or zetec s diesel may be cheaper.

Right....

I ran a quote by comparethemarket.com and put in i was 17 and wanted a 1.6 petrol ZS. Heres the results:

Chespest:

Deposit: £1,185.74

Instalments:

(9 x £450.60)

Total: £5,241.14

Single payment: £4,723.11

Most expensive:

Deposit: £1,553.24

Instalments:

(9 x £1109.55)

Total: £11,539.19

Single payment: £10,171.58

:o :o :o :o You will need VERY deep pockets....

cheers

chris

sorry to burst your bubble but its very unlikely your going to find an insurer thats going to quote something that seems reasonable, try ringing direct line, quinn direct or admiral when i was in your position i found these to be the better ends of the quote ladder but then it depends on your other criteria, IMO stay away from comparison sites

Yeah, car insurance for a 17 year old male is ludicrously expensive, especially if you're buying anything new or fast or chavvy. I agree with Matt about Quinn Direct being good for young drivers, as well as Endsleigh (good for newer cars). Is it actually a mk7 ZS that you wanted?

TBH we all want fast and sporty cars when we are 17 and just passed out test. Truth is it wont happen unless you are mega rich. Best to start off with a small basic car, build up a few years no claims and move on from there. When i passed at 17 i coudnt afford insurance AND a car, so the money i had saved for a car i used to insure myself on my mums car. A year down the line i bought myself my current car and insured it via Admiral for £1225. Just had my renewal quote in now and its dropped to a very respectable £825!. Start of small and work you're way up.

My insurance when I was 17 was a little over £1000 a year, on a Mini One which was group 6, same insurance group as the Fiesta Zetec S petrol, which costs me just over 700 a year to insure, and I'm 20 now with 1 years no claims :)

Or start off with a 3dr 1.25 Zetec and as you can afford it add the ZS parts?

Or start off with a 3dr 1.25 Zetec and as you can afford it add the ZS parts?

Probably more expensive to do it that way as I found out when I was 17.

Put yourself as main driver and you parents as named drivers because that brings the price down, I pay £700 a year and im 19 with no no-claims

Or alternatively accept that you can't have a warm hatch as your first car and buy something more suitable for a new driver and then change it once you have got past 21, when the premiums drop anyway, and you have built up a decent NCD

As much as it kills me, I'm actually waiting until I'm 21 to start driving my ZS (diesel) because the insurance was £400 cheaper for the sake of a few months.

I'm now going to be paying just over a grand per year, that's with 2 years experience but no NCB (I was a named driver but didn't earn any NCB :()

im 19 with 1 years ncb with elephant i pay £700 anually, thats with business as an extra aswell, it works out at about £900 by paying monthly though, £70 a month

• 2 years later...

Hey

The insurance isn't too bad on a zetec s petrol if you go with the right people

I'm 19 and passed my test 6months ago

I'm paying 1700 fully comp bearing in mind I've got no no claims and only recently passed my test which is a fair price

I had a corsa b r reg and was paying 2500 third party

Try aviva see what they quote you

But personally if insurance is the problem

How will you pay for the car?

Hey

The insurance isn't too bad on a zetec s petrol if you go with the right people

I'm 19 and passed my test 6months ago

I'm paying 1700 fully comp bearing in mind I've got no no claims and only recently passed my test which is a fair price

I had a corsa b r reg and was paying 2500 third party

Try aviva see what they quote you

But personally if insurance is the problem

How will you pay for the car?

really? I paid 1900 for a 1.25 zetec but only just started driving 2 months prior to buying the car. Been quoted 1100 for my next quote which aint bad.

I paid £540 for an 800CC Daewoo Matiz when I was 17, oh yeah cruising in style. Then at 19 got a Chevrolet one for 450 a year, then now on a ZS diesel for £900 a year. Good times. All fully comp.

As much as it kills me, I'm actually waiting until I'm 21 to start driving my ZS (diesel) because the insurance was £400 cheaper for the sake of a few months.

I'm now going to be paying just over a grand per year, that's with 2 years experience but no NCB (I was a named driver but didn't earn any NCB sad.gif)

I did exactly the same. However, in the three months or so before my birthday, my dad got insured on my car. He then called his insurers and asked for me to be put on as a temporary driver. I was allowed up to 90 days as a temp driver. I also made sure that I said that I would be the main driver, not my dad, to avoid fronting. This was with direct line. Total cost was 600 for my dad and 90 days of me, and we got a bit back when we cancelled the policy on my birthday.

My first car which I bought before I passed my test a 1.25 fiesta style (2007) from new was £1300 a year at 17. My S1600 at 22 costs £900 a year. But it's due for renewal soon

At 20, been driving for 3 years, 2 years no claims. £735 Fully comp. Admiral is the place to be.

Also TS, depending on how much you want the car and how much money you have, but you can probably get insurance for much cheaper than you would a ZS. For example, my gf has her test booked, and i'm looking out for cars for her. The cheapest cars to insure I found are a peugeot 206 1.1. Avoid any special edition models, as these'll bump up the price a bit. Also, I found that a fiat panda was cheaper even still (but I wouldn't let my gf drive one of those!). Ideally, you want something cheap and in a low insurance group, but a car that you never see young people driving. For example, a Corsa may be insurance group 1, but because so many young people buy them and crash them, statistically they are more likely to be involved in an accident, hence a higher price. Same goes with Fiestas. Peugeot 206s are quite popular with young female drivers, who are statistically less likely to be involved in a crash - I very rarely see young males driving 206s.

Another route to go down is a classic car - for example a 1960s VW beetle. Because most classic car owners cherish them, they will drive REALLY carefully. Hence fewer accidents, so cheaper premiums. Some places will do special classic car insurance.

Also, one last note. Do NOT, what ever you do, go onto a price comparison site and enter your details for every single car, tweaking it to try and get the best quote. Make sure you create a fake e-mail address, use a fake name etc. Keep all details e.g age the same. Use an address near yours, but not the same one. Unfortunately, I used all my correct details when I did this, and they must have cottoned on - when I intially searched for cars I was getting much cheaper quotes than I ended up with. For example, when searching for my focus, I entered the number plate onto a P/C website and got a quote of £1800, which my parents agreed to pay for me. Started tweaking details, and cars, and suddenly I was unable to get my original quote again - most insurers changed to "Cannot quote due to driver's details", and those that would quoted in excess of £3000. I was lucky that Tesco quoted me £2250. There were one or two others around the £2500 mark. The only thing that had changed was that I was messing about on the websites a lot. Speaking to the car salesman, he said that he's heard of that happening quite a lot.

Just thought I'd better give you a heads up so you don't get caught out like me.

^ that happened to me. I was getting nice cheap quotes. Kept messing around and the price went up and up :P I just spoke to the company I found it cheapest with directly and they honoured it

Classic Insurance is where it's at! 1997 Mini Cooper with supercharger, full exhaust system, lowered and disks all round; £450 a year :P