• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Any one have experience/ advice how to? what to choose for caring 2 bicycles with Ford Edge.

I do not look for tow bar option as my car do not have one fitted and to do it now would cost £450 plus another £400-500 for bike carrier, so perhaps might work cheaper to get cheap bikes in teh destination and than dispose them after use ;) As well cannot get roof mounted one as I have panorama roof :) yey.. So my only solution is tailgate rack... but than we do have that BIG PLASTIC SQUISHY SPOILER.  As said I do look to carry 2 cycles externally! Any tips, guides, propositions...

i have looked into this problem as im in the same  situation , but sorry up to now i can not find a solution without going down the tow bar route.

i have looked into this problem as im in the same  situation , but sorry up to now i can not find a solution without going down the tow bar route.
I think I might be on to something. Keeping in mind our mighty edge is nothing special/ new on the other side of the pond.. I had a look how they deal with it :)
And came across of it...

https://www.etrailer.com/trunkmount-2017_Ford_Edge.htm

Do any 1 know those brands or mounting style equivalent?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I got a little trailer for £150 with a roof rack bike rack fitting in it- but you’ll need a tow bar. I would avoid the tail gate ones because the metal on the tailgate is very soft as I found out to my cost!

I got a little trailer for £150 with a roof rack bike rack fitting in it- but you’ll need a tow bar. I would avoid the tail gate ones because the metal on the tailgate is very soft as I found out to my cost!
The trailer is out of the question. I wouldn't drive through half of Europe with trailer simply because of 2 bicycles. I am sure I would be able to find there cheap 2nd hand ones / rent it .. much cheaper than whole operation with tow bar.

But after deeper look in to topic, I found there is loads of universal high mount bike racks as well some new amazing suck on to the glass systems.
So yes we do have options and more of them than initially would seems to be.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk