Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless entry sets off alarm

DJ_Andy_M

Interesting one this morning, and probably one my neighbours will not thank me for at 6:45!

Pulled on my door handle this morning, doors opened and set the alarm off. Dash board was telling me to put the key in the arm rest where the sensor is.

The battery in the key has been changed within the last 6 months.

Any ideas as to what happened?

It has happend to me too a few times.  Don´t grab the handle and pull it out quick. Now I let the lock and mirrors opens more before pulling the handle. I managed to silence the alarm by press unlock on the remote inside the car.

Btw, more fun is I have managed to set off other car alarms parked near me when passing them or opens my car. All Volvos 5-10 years old. :-D

Same happened to me the other day. I just pressed the unlock on the remote and all was well with the world again.

• 3 months later...

Just caught me by surprise! Might have to have a play near some volvos then! 

• 4 years later...

The same fault started on my Kuga some months ago so I started using the key fob instead of just using the door handle.  Two weeks ago I had a flat battery, the fault eventually being found to be a faulty door handle causing a 3amp current drain on the battery.  The handle was replaced (cost £230) which seemed to solve the problem.  However, one week later the original keyless entry problem has resurfaced.  Waiting for the door mirrors to completely open has not resolved it - the alarm still goes off!  Ford diagnostics has been unable to locate the problem!  Time will tell if the battery goes flat again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club