Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AWD is Off

Fergieman

Had it twice on the Left hand dash saying AWD is off Press OK.  Saturday past was in the snow so wasn't the best driving home in 2WD.

What causes this and how do you stop it or reset it.  Stopped the car and restarted but was the same. After sitting at home for a while its OK again.

This has happened twice to me, dealer stated if rear wheels spin before front, reverts to front wheel drive, the only way is to let vehicle stand still for 10 mins, the edge is intelligent 4 wheel drive, so it shutdown to prevent damage, not good for a £38 k car, in dealer this week for check, and the dreaded air bag recall, 👎👎👎

Is intelligent 4WD similar to smart motorways?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelvin1950 said:

Is intelligent 4WD similar to smart motorways?

If it is, we are in deep trouble!

• Like 1

Just picked up my car from Evans Halshaw Wolverhampton, side curtain air bag recall done, all clean, everything working, the dealer states software update carried out on ABS/AWD, so let's see, ? They had the car over night, had a courtesy car, Ka+, but to be fair had the flu this week so haven't been out !!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club