Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta titanium

Pauloooooo

Hi guys,

just reaching out out to anyone who make have the same car as myself, or to the gurus of the page.

i have a 2009 fiesta titanium, which is a great little car, but I am noticing things that don’t look right!

Firstly the range off a full tank is shocking 275 miles, when i was told it should do a lot more than that, also the gear shift Indicator. I have it on my dash board but it won’t work? Now I thought it diddnt come with my car, 2010 models have it but mines was January 2009 when it was made!

Sorry if this thread has ever came up before, I’m new to this site so not had a good look round.

thank guys 

paul

petrol or diesel. if petrol thats not to bad depending on driving style,journey length, speed etc. 275 miles and how many litres to refill. diesel and its not to good.

I have a 2011 Titanium but its the 1.6 and i get very local around 30 to 35 m.p.g depends how i drive and a run a nice bit more,as for a full tank i never

let mine go that low so i cant say on that,when i mean local i mean very local like not even getting hot and a few miles a day.

The green arrow i think your on about on mine i can turn it off and on in the menu on the stick control and have mine on,i think you should have it but not 100%

I have a January 2011 1.6 petrol titanium I get around 43mpg in the summer and 39.5 in the colder months, which is roughly 350 miles per full tank. I also have the gear shift indicator not sure if earlier models had it or not

So mines is 1.6 Petrol, most I have had in a full tank is 330 but that was going from Edinburgh to Leeds to see family.

im getting 32mpg, my journey from where I stay is country road, motorway then a 2 min journey along a main road.

I have had a look everywhere even had a ford technician look at the car and he cant turn the shift indicator on, he assumed that i shouldn’t have it, as it was only available on 2010 models and younger, but that doesn’t explain why my car shows it on my dash

According to Honest John

your 1.6  Official is 48.7 mpg  most people get :  41.7 mpg

so do you:
drive smoothly, accelerate gently and read the road ahead to avoid braking unnecessarily. ...
Keep rolling – stopping then starting again uses more fuel than rolling. ...
Change up earlier – don't labour the engine

I try my best to do them but when you say in a place where it’s all hills rolling and not stopping something isn’t an option! 

In in terms of changing gears am around the 2000-2500 rpm don’t see a need it smashing it up the revs 

I get about 275-300 miles on a full tank and I'm averaging around 31-32 mpg. Mine also has the gear change on the dash but it doesn't light up, someone with dealer software should be able to switch it on if you really wanted. 

13 hours ago, Nick_T said:

I get about 275-300 miles on a full tank and I'm averaging around 31-32 mpg. Mine also has the gear change on the dash but it doesn't light up, someone with dealer software should be able to switch it on if you really wanted. 

This is around about like mine and i do very local driving,don't know how people can get over 40mpg on a normal 1.6.

With my car and a few on here i would look at around 35mpg.

Its through the menu,press the end of the stick and go through vehicle then i cant remember if its info or warning to tick.

I have added a PDF ford manual below,look under instruments,it might help you,its a full manual.

ENUSA_CG3545_FTA_og_201010.pdf

So just done what you said both warnings and info are already ticked so that’s not working.

i have been through that Manuel a thousand times, according to the ford dealer they don’t know why I have it as by car is a year to old to have it 

50 minutes ago, Pauloooooo said:

So just done what you said both warnings and info are already ticked so that’s not working.

i have been through that Manuel a thousand times, according to the ford dealer they don’t know why I have it as by car is a year to old to have it 

I did turn mine off ages ago but cant remember what to un-tick,strange that is as mines on so could be something wrong.

Its got me thinking now,looks like a look in my manual i have with the car.

God knows it’s never been on and I have had the car a couple of years, if you manage to find it that would be great, but weird that the ford technitions say it doesn’t have it, but I have read and seen it working on other fiestas he same age as mine 

19 minutes ago, Pauloooooo said:

God knows it’s never been on and I have had the car a couple of years, if you manage to find it that would be great, but weird that the ford technitions say it doesn’t have it, but I have read and seen it working on other fiestas he same age as mine 

I have just read an old topic started on here a few years ago and someone said it was on 2010 and newer so the technicians could be right.

As for turning it on/off to be honest i don't know if i did as its been ages ago.

I had a Fiesta Titanium 2009 1.4  before I got my current model.   It did a regular 330 miles per fill up in town.

2013 1.0L Titanium

38-40 MPG winter months

45+ MPG summer months.

Easily get a range of 350+ mile per full tank.  I've Never seen anything below 275 miles after a refill of fuel.

See that’s the sort of figures I was expecting, even after my car going into the garage but not hitting anything like that 

3 hours ago, Pauloooooo said:

See that’s the sort of figures I was expecting, even after my car going into the garage but not hitting anything like that 

Yours aint that far off if you say 275miles per tank for a 1.6 as 2 on here (me and Nick T) get around that with a 1.6.

Don't look at the 1.0L eco as these will do better.

Change up under 2 Grand on the revs as that's rough when my green arrow comes on to tells me to,i don't as its bit hard when i have a lead foot lol.

I must be the odd one out then.

I usually get about 43 mpg and range about 360 miles.

Typically do about 310 miles before refuel. And I've got more than 50 miles left.

Need to add that my daily drive is about 20 miles each way and I'm not a gentle driver. See's 5K quite often. It's fun.

What might be useful is everyone's average speed. Mine is about 23. 

My average speed is 20 mph, only time it goes Over 3k reps is on the motorway or am going up a steep hill and I have my lead foot attached 

18 hours ago, mgaking said:

I must be the odd one out then.

I usually get about 43 mpg and range about 360 miles.

Typically do about 310 miles before refuel. And I've got more than 50 miles left.

Need to add that my daily drive is about 20 miles each way and I'm not a gentle driver. See's 5K quite often. It's fun.

What might be useful is everyone's average speed. Mine is about 23. 

I wish my1.6 did over 43mpg local as a eco does around 45 local,i have tried to drive so slow and be a good boy and change up etc on low revs.

L22eew on here as the eco 1.0L and he gets around 45,i was happy with 30 to 35mpg local on mine coming off a Corsa 1.4 as it was so heavy and only did 33mpg.area.

Just looked at mine and as good as half a tank and its on 142 miles so if it works like that mine is around 284miles per tank.

So my car is now at 32.1mpg slowly slowly!

just filled it up and only got 284 highest it’s been in a long time!

I still think it's about the type of drive you do.

Previous car was a Focus MK1 1.6, previous job was about 5 miles away and I used to get 32 MPG. When I started this job (20 mile drive) that went up to about 39 MPG.

9 hours ago, Pauloooooo said:

So my car is now at 32.1mpg slowly slowly!

just filled it up and only got 284 highest it’s been in a long time!

Yes mate that's about right,not many on here will get over 40mpg on a normal 1.6 doing local runs,you might get close on a good run drove right.

Like i said try this,change 2 grand or under on the revs as that's when my arrow comes on see if that helps.

Looking at mine and reading on here if you can get 300 or just under for a tank you done well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club