Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange electrical problem after switching engine off

jjay

Really hope someone can help me or has experienced this before!

All of a sudden whenever I switch the engine off either side of the indicators will come on, I can't switch them off and it also stops me being able to lock the car!
When I switch the engine back on it runs fine, the hazards come on immediately which is a bit odd as well as the windscreen wipers.

All I've done the day before was swap the front brake discs and pads, but none of the electrics were touched.
I've tried leaving the battery off all night, but that's made no difference. 2 garages have provided help either.

MK1 Kuga
2.0 2WD 59 Plate.

Thanks,
Jay

jjay

Afraid can't help as having electrical problems myself have taken car in garage twice and all they seem to do is stick diags on (£80 a pop)and say it's this or that, but still having problems, not impressed with garage as they rely to much on sticking a machine on.  What happened to the days of real mechanics who relied on their own experience.  Car wouldn't start the other day 2 days after getting it back, chargehand in garage doesn't seem to have a clue.  Mine wouldn't start the other day but ignition system wouldn't switch off, onece sorted for now getting rid off.

• 4 weeks later...

Mk1's had a problem with the  windscreens leaking water into the fusebox area iirc?, worth a good look around to see if there's water damage to the wiring or any dampness.

23 hours ago, keithmac said:

Mk1's had a problem with the  windscreens leaking water into the fusebox area iirc?, worth a good look around to see if there's water damage to the wiring or any dampness.

I'd go with the corroded fuse box theory, had it on a Mondeo I had a thorough clean under the box cured it, just pulling and cleaning the fuses is not goood enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jjay

I have a Kuga 2.5 2012 model, and am experiencing the EXACT same problem, the car was valet and engine cleaned on the weekend and sine then have the problem and I don't have any luck in resolving the matter.

have you had any success?

Hi I’m having trouble with my 09 plate fiesta the boot open comes up on display when it’s closed and the ignition lights stay on after car is locked.... need help rectifying these problems, thanks

• 4 months later...

Just had this problem with our 2009 mk1 Kuga.   . Found damp in the small thin plug on the far side of fuse box, unplugged, blew the visible water out of plug and let dry for 30 mins before reassembling 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club